Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Photo of “Newborn” 13-Year-Old Boy Goes Viral

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:24 AM
  • 34 Replies

13-year-old gets to pose as a newborn

Two years ago, Kelli Higgins, a children photographer from Florida, decided to adopt Latrell and his sister. Since the two were quite grown up when they got their new family, neither of them had any pictures of themselves as newborns. 

While talking about this one evening over dinner, one of Kelli Higgins' other kids argued that it might not be such a bad idea to piece together a photo session with Latrell, and make him act like a newborn. 

Kelli agreed, and soon enough Facebook witnessed the posting of a birth announcement accompanied by a picture of Latrell all dressed up and cuddling like a baby, sources say.

“Here's my sweet not so little Newborn! His name is Latrell and weighs 112lbs,” the birth announcement read. 

“ Love this! What a great idea!” reads one of the most recent comments to this picture. “Amazing and touching gesture from mother to child, love it!” another one says.

What do think, cute idea or crazy?

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imamomzilla
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:54 AM

sidesplittinglaughter

momsince04
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Funny but creepy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LHummel
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:09 AM
2 moms liked this

What a cute way to welcome them into the family. I think its sweet. Children are always your babies no matter how much they grow. 

RLT2
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Sweet idea. Creepy in reality.

Mom2five87
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Um... really? Is this a joke? Am I being Punk'd? LOL

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

NollynsMommy14
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I think for an adoptive family it was probably a good bonding experience, though silly, I'm sure the family benefited from it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:22 AM
They live in my town lol. Everyone's been talking about it.
Des10ed2b
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:25 AM

i think it is cute and silly and that is likely what they were aiming for anyway! lol. 

nova.mommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:32 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes, it is real.  Don't adoptive parents have the right to announce the new member of their family how they want?

Foran older child I may not to it, but if the boy was willing to do it, why not? I think it is a cute idea.

Quoting Mom2five87:

Mom2five87
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Well... to each their own, I suppose. I think it's weird... but hey. Whatever floats their boat! I just hope none of the kids at this boy's school ever see it because that could cause some major bullying issues. I can see how you might think the idea is cute... but come on. This is a young man... not an infant!

Quoting nova.mommy:

Yes, it is real.  Don't adoptive parents have the right to announce the new member of their family how they want?

Foran older child I may not to it, but if the boy was willing to do it, why not? I think it is a cute idea.

Quoting Mom2five87:

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN