Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I Need Your Happy Thoughts and Prayers Ladies

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:33 PM
  • 5 Replies
Let me apologize ahead of time in case i start rambling or don't make sense in any part of this... I'm sorry.

At 1:20 this morning, my family suffered a devastating loss. My 98 year old grandmother passed away. She hadn't tried to get out of her bed at the nursing home in over a year cuz she knew she couldn't walk. Yet on Valentine's Day, she decided to do just that. She fell. The fall broke her nose and left her with two minor wounds just inside her hairline above her forehead. It also cracked two vertebrae in her neck.

They got her stabilised at the hospital and started to move her for transport back and she stopped breathing. Because of her DNR, they couldn't do anything. My family didn't get to say goodbye.

I have only seen my father cry twice in my lifetime- this morning before dawn, i saw him cry a third time. There is nothing harder for me than to see him cry- a man taught that boys don't cry, shedding tears.

So now, i have to attend the funeral of the woman i admired most in my life. I have to stand beside by her grave and say goodbye and know i'll never hear her voice and have her share her wisdom again. And i'll have to worry about my father, whose health is declining anyways, and my sister, whose never been the most stable person.

When do i get to grieve?

So please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers, mommas. Hope for us to have a speedy recovery. Thanks.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
2kids19yrsapart
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:24 PM

I am sorry for your loss.  Sending prayers to you and your family.

praying

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:01 AM

So sorry for your loss...keep in mind she's watching over you...hugs

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:04 AM
You need to think how happy she is to no longer be confined to a bed, she lived almost an entire century. That's long enough. Sorry you weren't more prepared. It will get easier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:17 PM

I am so sorry for your loss.  I will certainly keep you in my prayers.

Zazayam
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Sorry for your loss, it's always hard to lose a loved one. Try to make time for you, even if it's only five minutes sitting somewhere peaceful and remember all the good times. And focus on the positive, whatever your beliefs, she's in a better place now and not confined to a bed in a body that doesn't work quite right anymore. Thoughts to you and yours :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN