Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone see the double standard?

http://www.examiner.com/article/teen-sues-parents-16-year-old-doesn-t-want-an-abortion

This 16 year old doesn't want an abortion. Her parents want her to have one. If you read the article it is a little disturbing how far the parents are willing to go. I think children should always be allowed to live no matter what. It's not our right to chose who lives and who doesn't. 

I see the double standard here because when a 16 year old wants an abortion without her parents knowing there are a million people willing to help her do it, but when this 16 year old does not want an abortion she has to go to the court and they are saying we will see if she wins. We will see?? What happened to "It's her body, it's her choice" If you stand by that, why does it only work one way?

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Replies (301-304):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I died laughing when I saw this. For some reason it reminded me of this discussion.

CountryLayne
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:17 PM

The parents do not have to be grandparents. And don't even get me started on what a teenager can and cannot do. As far as teens having sex, well, as much as we may not like it, it has been happening for years. It is nothing new, and I really do not see it ending any time soon.

Quoting Anonymous:

But the parents have to grandparent and the 16 yo has no legal responsibility. The parents are dragged in the teens irresponsibility. Teens need to know their actions have responsibility also. No teens should really be having sex anyway.

Quoting fanci64:

You can not be serious with that statement! If you are you are very ignorant and need to be educated. Here  in our beautiful blue state of Washington it never would of gotten to this point. The young ladies right to choose would of been first and foremost. Parents would of had no say what so ever at that age except whether or not to support her. Come down off your pedestal and look what it means to be pro-choice, it means just that I and every other woman has the right to choose.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm very thankful you aren't my mom. That's a heck of a way to teach a lesson. "You had sex so now we aren't going to ground you or take your cell phone oh no missy! We are killing your baby!!!" Awesome.

Quoting marchantmom06:

It's not a baby, its a fetus, huge difference, and maybe it will serve a lesson to keep her legs closed and take better care of herself. Children cannot raise children.

Quoting littlemoments99:

And a reality check to you is kill her baby and have her be sad and depressed about it for the rest of her life? Nice. 

Quoting marchantmom06:

When a minor who clearly can't make good decisions wants to control the life of everyone around her, then she needs a reality check. She can't legally raise the child by herself and it isn't her parents responsibility to raise a child they didn't create.

MrsShipley21
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:37 AM

I agree!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)