Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Teething?

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:34 PM
  • 6 Replies

My little girl is only about 4 months old, and I feel like she's too young to be teething but she is sure acting like it. Family has also commented that she seems like a teething baby.

She gnaws on everything, gets fussy until she finds something to chew on (fingers, toys, me..) she drools about a gallon an hour lol, has a slight fever today, and calms right down if I rub her bottom gums.

My boys are a little older, but isn't 6ish months around the normal time to start teething? Does it happen this early often?

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:56 PM

just because a tooth isnt showing does NOT mean she isnt teething..

babies start to teeth as early as 2 months old....

sdakon
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:49 PM

My neice got her first tooth when she was 2 months old. It is perfectly normal for a baby to get teeth early. An old wives tell states that when your baby gets teeth early then you are going to have another baby soon. Hopefully your little one will get them all at once and it will be over with good luck!!!

Zazayam
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:26 PM

That's so funny, I've never heard that before. 

I had a gyn appt friday and it seems I lost my IUD (I'm amazed I didn't notice that...?) So now hubby and I are a little on edge, waiting til later this week to get some tests in, we weren't the slightest bit careful lol.Kind of hoping for no more babies, but then again I've ALWAYS wanted four kids... Guess we shall see!

Quoting sdakon:

My neice got her first tooth when she was 2 months old. It is perfectly normal for a baby to get teeth early. An old wives tell states that when your baby gets teeth early then you are going to have another baby soon. Hopefully your little one will get them all at once and it will be over with good luck!!!

sdakon
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Well good luck!!! It was funny to me b/c 3 of my children got there teeth by the time they were 7 months old. I got my tubes tied after the 4th one and she is 1 1/2 years old and she still dont have all of her teeth so when i was told about the wives tell i didnt believe it till now lol. Everything happens for a reason...so hopefully the iud thing is a good thing :)

aj_mom
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:15 PM

She may be but my LO has been "chewing" on her hands for a couple of months now and she still has NO teeth, she will be 11 months on March 2nd.

danie24
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:45 PM

My youngest baby (8 months old) had 6 teeth by the time he was 6 months old. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)