Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

why have dogs if you hate them?! in law vent

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

so i went to df's families house yesterday so ds could visit with his grand parents.df took me and ds to a duck park (hundreds of ducks and swans it was cool....except for the geese hissing lol) and when we got back df's brother had a new puppy from the swap meet down the road and was going to take her home to his gf at the end of the day. df's parents get back to the house and freak out when they see the puppy, but they dont touch her because im sitting next to her they kept saying "ew" and "why the fuck do you have this piece of crap in here?" (directed at df's brother)....anyway so we eat and watch movies and then df's brothers gf shows up and wants to go to petco, so we go to petco,i help her pick stuff out,yadda yadda yadda. we get back to the house and i have the puppy in one had(passed out) and a huge bed in the other, df's dad opens the door for me and YANKS the puppies ear to the point she yelps, and i lose it, i pull the puppy away from him and i say "you have fucking dogs that are terrified of you because you treat them like shit, why do you have dogs if you hate them so much?!" df's dad just looks at me shocked, i just walked right by df's dad after that and put the puppy in df's little sisters room, my stb-bils gf comes in the room and just says thank you. i couldnt help it anymore, iv been with df for 4 years and in that time one dog has died and 3 of their cats have died, their dogs cower in fear whenever df's parents are in the back yard and they hide behind me, the only animals that are well taken care of are the birds and fish.....i wish i could take these dogs but we're not allowed to have animals at our apartment....

this is the puppy btw, shes a boxer and pit mix and only 6 weeks old shes so cute 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:38 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:30 PM

bump

PortiaRose
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM
i wluldnt go over there anymore.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Quoting PortiaRose:

i have to if i want to make sure they treat the dogs right

PortiaRose
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:35 PM
this ks true. will you be able to move in the future?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PortiaRose:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

yep as soon as df finishes forklift training this week he'll get a raise, and we'll be in a new place by july

Quoting PortiaRose:

this ks true. will you be able to move in the future?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PortiaRose:

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:05 PM

The dog is adorable. Who doesn't love a puppy, right?

I think the fact that the adults very freely say 'fuck' with a little kid around....that's enough for me to not bother visiting them, and I'd have probably been able to size them up on the first ever visit 4 years ago.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Quoting EireLass:

The dog is adorable. Who doesn't love a puppy, right?

I think the fact that the adults very freely say 'fuck' with a little kid around....that's enough for me to not bother visiting them, and I'd have probably been able to size them up on the first ever visit 4 years ago.

the only way i would be able to make sure these animals got treated properly would be if i kept going over there...i did stop going for 5 months though because i always felt drained when i was there...so much hatred made me feel bad, df stood up to them one time last year and told them to quit treating the dogs and cats wrong, they listened for a week

Rhonda142
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

See I am the type of person if I knew that was going on they would have dogs and cats come up missing and I would rehome them that would drive me insane to have to see that..kudos to you for you standing up for the puppy.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I guess I would put the emotional welfare before the animals. I would not go there until they could behave properly (the adults).

Quoting Anonymous:
Quoting EireLass:

The dog is adorable. Who doesn't love a puppy, right? I think the fact that the adults very freely say 'fuck' with a little kid around....that's enough for me to not bother visiting them, and I'd have probably been able to size them up on the first ever visit 4 years ago.

the only way i would be able to make sure these animals got treated properly would be if i kept going over there...i did stop going for 5 months though because i always felt drained when i was there...so much hatred made me feel bad, df stood up to them one time last year and told them to quit treating the dogs and cats wrong, they listened for a week

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)