Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think Joe Rickey Hundley should have lost his job for slapping toddler on plane?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:25 PM
  • 34 Replies

Man Who Reportedly Slapped Toddler on Plane Is Now Unemployed -- GOOD!

Posted by Nicole Fabian-Weber on February 18, 2013 

Joe Rickey HundleyJoe Rickey Hundley, the 60-year-old man accused of slapping a crying toddler on a plane and telling his mother to "shut that (n-word) baby up" is now out of a job. Hundley worked for AGC Aerospace and Defense, Composites Group as the president of the Unitech Composites and Structures unit. But on Sunday night, it was confirmed by a public relations firm that Hundley has been let go from the company. Al Haase, president and CEO of AGC, issued a statement, saying that reports of one of the company's executives recently was "offensive and disturbing". And while he didn't refer to Hundley by name, he said that the employer who reportedly was responsible for this behavior "is no longer employed with the company."

To that I say: Good.

If this is true, clearly, there is something very wrong with Joe Hundley. To slap a child period is unbelievable. But to slap someone else's child -- someone you've never met -- and to call them such awful things is almost inconceivable. I honestly can't even say what I would have done in such a situation, because it's so hard to conceive of this ever happening. It's the kind of thing you'd see in a movie and think, "Yeah, okay, sure that would happen."

Hundley isn't deserving of his obviously very high-paying job if what's being reported about him is true. He's not deserving of any job at this point if that's the case. He's obviously unstable (and quite frankly, well, just plain awful), and needs help for his anger issues. A person who smacks a young child he's never met on a plane shouldn't be able to go back to his job like nothing ever happened. That's not how the world should work. (And let's not forget, court records in Virgina say that he was arrested in 2007 following a fight with his girlfriend.)

As of now, Hundley's facing up to a year in jail if he's found guilty, which to some, doesn't seem like much. But if you factor in the fact that he's out of a job -- and probably will be for a long time to come -- it makes it seem like justice served. Well, somewhat.

Do you think Joe Rickey Hundley should have lost his job?

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:31 PM
No. Shouldn't have done what he did. I have a pet peeve. Nothing worse than a kid screaming on a plane. You can't go anywhere.
Taswaysha
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Nope. He deserves it..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:09 AM
4 moms liked this

If he did slap the kid then he deserves to be punished. But no he didnt desrve to lose his job. Now if he was on a company plane, on company time, or otherwise doing his job and slapped the kid then yes he should lose job,

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:48 AM
No
bhow
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:07 PM
2 moms liked this

The company he "worked" for has a conduct code and he clearly broke it.  I give the company credit for standing behind their moral code and image they want their employees to maintain...especially one with the status he had.  It took a lot of guts for the trustees to make the decision they made during the Joe Pa crap @ Penn State, they stood behind moral right and wrong.  Joe Pa was told of what had happened and he chose to let it go, he deserved to be fired.  

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Lost his job AND gone to jail! No one has ever corrected any of my children when they are under my or their dads care. I'm afraid if that would've been me they would have had to pull me off of him.

LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I'm glad he got fired. He would have been picking himself up off the floor if he had touched my child. Much less called my child a name. Can we say anger management?!

CatFishMom
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

If his job was public knowledge once this story came out, then yes-the company has the right to protect itself and not employ an a**hole like this. They could suffer serious publicity damage due to this guy, and if he is unstable enough to behave this way, he deserves to be ditched just due to bad publicity.

Zazayam
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:49 AM

I'm not too sure what his job had to do with it, he should be in jail. For longer then a year..

If that happened to me *I* would be in jail, for sure..

Alwaysmotivated
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:39 AM

i'm not sure if I should know who this man is but what I do know slappying somebody else's child is Crazy.. Even if you are having a melt down, whatever, its sounds MENTAL..smh..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)