Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I gave up sleep

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:14 AM
  • 4 Replies

For the past week, I can't sleep. At all. I'm usually in and out of bed all night, up til 5am-ish, nap lightly for a little while, then start my day at 730. The kids are in bed, baby sleeps fine, hubby's sleeping, everything's peaceful. I'm just not tired.. Never in my life had a problem with insomnia, IDK what this is about.

Hubby says he thinks I need some "me" time, and am subconsciously taking it in the only available hours, lol, the middle of the night. I don't feel like I'm neglecting me..

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:49 AM

I do admit of sometimes waking up early or staying up late to get some alone time.

JulieBoyd
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Yeah, ive been having this problem too! For the life of me, i cant figure it out!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dontchawishuknu
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:19 PM
I've learned that I wear myself out MORE by trying to force myself to sleep when I don't feel sleepy than if I just get up/stay up and make myself productive in some way. Short term insomnia is workable, but if it goes on too long it can cause health issues. In that case I'd suggest melatonin.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lupe38
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:53 PM

I have a lot of problems with getting sleep.  On Tuesday I did not sleep for 24 hours and Wednesday night I only got 3 hours so I hope tonight I can sleep for at least 6 hours.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)