Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Thyroid disease

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:05 PM
  • 25 Replies

I feel like I am freaking dying! I hate winter time this is when it gets the worse. I need to go to the doctor for it but haven't been able to. I haven't been able to eat and I just keep sweating but since its winter I am freezing! Would urgent care help me any? I feel like I really need help but I am at a lost at what to do about it because I am getting so weak from it that I don't have energy to play and take care of them I can only do the bare min and I don't like doing that makes me feel like a bad mom.

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Deanna155
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:38 PM

I would at least call them- it sounds like you are having a lot of trouble. 

ktp111
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I also feel like i'm dying from hot flashes, mood swings, menopause i see a hospitalization coming if i can't get over it soon I also have thryoid problems hypothroidism, any help out there? or just someone who relates?

rayroe2
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:03 PM

nope that why I am at such a loss as what to do. I have medicine but I am scared to take it because I don't know what my thyroid is doing right now. It was prescribed to me when I was pregeant but I know its acting up. I called the doctors but they cant help me tell I have a appt and I called my CVS par. to ask what to do and she said call the doctor. I just tried but I dont know how to get in contact with him because it was from when I was pregnant.

Quoting ktp111:

I also feel like i'm dying from hot flashes, mood swings, menopause i see a hospitalization coming if i can't get over it soon I also have thryoid problems hypothroidism, any help out there? or just someone who relates?

ktp111
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:12 PM

thanks

rayroe2
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:02 PM

BUMP!

rayroe2
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:03 PM

? for what

Quoting ktp111:

thanks

oOoLeilanioOo
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

You need to get your TSH checked and get on medication for that ASAP.! (((Hugs)))

rayroe2
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I did its high and making to much but I don't know if that how it was when I was pregnant.

Quoting oOoLeilanioOo:

You need to get your TSH checked and get on medication for that ASAP.! (((Hugs)))

oOoLeilanioOo
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Well I hope you were taking your meds when you were pregnant, otherwise your child may have it too. When you're first diagnosed you need to be checked often, once your levels start to normalize you'll only need blood tests every 6 months to every year. You should really talk to your general physician about this!

Quoting rayroe2:

I did its high and making to much but I don't know if that how it was when I was pregnant.

Quoting oOoLeilanioOo:

MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:00 PM

You've been diagnosed but haven't been taking your meds?You do realize how dangerous that is,right??

Urgent Care won't/can't do anything,especially since you're not willing to help yourself.See your primary doctor,see where your levels are now,and take the meds!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN