Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Hey Ladies I need some help? who knows how to get wavy hair to curl and stay

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:14 PM
  • 13 Replies

I have wavy hair Naturally and when I try to curl it the fall out. What can i do to get it to curl and stay?  

I have tried curls, curling iron, wands, and my flat iron. but nothing works. Am I doom to straighting my hair or just keeping it wavy :(

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zazayam
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I tie mine in rags overnight and it works GREAT. Generally get out of the shower and put a lil mousse in it, then rag it up, in the morning if they're still a little wet I blowdry it before I take the ties out. It comes down pretty wild but great curls, easy enough to fix from there. :)

Zazayam
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:18 PM

If you've never done it there are videos about it on youtube or you can just google rag tied curls, they'll show ya how

bamababe1975
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I'm not sure but the ladies on the Beauty & Style Lounge may have some ideas for you, too:

Join us in The Beauty & Style Lounge! 

Marimaru
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Are you putting anything in your hair?  I have to put TONS of mousse and hairspray in my hair for anything to stay no matter how long I've curled it.  

I haven't done the rags thing, but I've done the sock bun thing, and that worked okay.  It wasn't quite what I wanted it to be, but I think I need practice.

kkkaaayyyy
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Wet Braids the night before after shower. Sleep on it. Once it has dried use the flat iron over it. Take the braid out and hairspray.

wulfeyes05
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:20 PM
My hair's naturally wavy and I just get it wet,towel dry it and the put gel in hit. My hair curls and stays that way all day. Put gel in your hands, flip your hair over,and rub your hair between your hands.
pj2becca21
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I put so much stuff in it not funny. 

Quoting Marimaru:

Are you putting anything in your hair?  I have to put TONS of mousse and hairspray in my hair for anything to stay no matter how long I've curled it.  

I haven't done the rags thing, but I've done the sock bun thing, and that worked okay.  It wasn't quite what I wanted it to be, but I think I need practice.

Marimaru
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Sounds like me.  I just can't keep a style in my hair unless I straighten it.  Of course, if I sleep with my hair up or something and get a kink in it I don't like, I can't get rid of it, LOL.

Quoting pj2becca21:

I put so much stuff in it not funny. 

Quoting Marimaru:

1RedHottMama
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:20 PM

My hair is naturally curly and it is a pain,my hair is waste length and it takes forever to straighten,I'll trade my curls.

Shopsha0911
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:55 AM

we have been using Miss Jessie's hair curing products-it takes a wave and helps turn it into a beautiful curl. It says it's for black girls and white girls too! My natural curl goes from frizzy to amazing curls. It's expensive but good. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)