Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Hey Ladies I need some help? who knows how to get wavy hair to curl and stay

Posted by   + Show Post

I have wavy hair Naturally and when I try to curl it the fall out. What can i do to get it to curl and stay?  

I have tried curls, curling iron, wands, and my flat iron. but nothing works. Am I doom to straighting my hair or just keeping it wavy :(

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Replies (11-13):
midjet117
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:00 AM

what about using curlers after a shower and letting them set overnight. thats how my mom used to curl my hair and get it to stay. thats the only way curls tend to stay in my hair actually and i have pin straight hair

beckolette
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:50 PM

The longer you leave wavy hair in the curled state the better it will stay. When you curl with an iron or brush pin the curl to your head. Leave as long as possible and spray with hairspray before removing. Spray with hairspray again after letting it down. Don't comb or brush, just jostle with your fingers. 

I will do my hair first out of shower and leave it until I get where I'm going. Then I do a quick spray and let down. spray again, then shake my head to loosen the curls. Move a few curls into place and spray or barette into place. The less you mess with it the better it will stay. 

loyamom
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Those old fashioned pink curlers work great!  Leave them on overnight and in the morning your hair should stay curly most of the day.  I did that when my daughter was in dance and had her recitle and everyone complimented her curls!

Moms Helping Moms Work at Home! www.homeisgreat.com 

bouncing mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN