Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Moms Who Don't Circ

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

How do you teach your son good hygene and when did you start teaching them ?
Was/is it easy ?
Did/do they hate learning it ?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GhettoKoolAide
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:36 PM
The penis cleans itself much like the vagina.

On that note I will teach him to clean it like he would his finger. Whenever he starts to wash himself ( around 2?).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:36 PM

come on guys dont blow me off

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:39 PM

but dont they have to like pull the skin back to get that part clean ?

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

On that note I will teach him to clean it like he would his finger. Whenever he starts to wash himself ( around 2?).

GhettoKoolAide
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Only once it comes loose which can be anywhere from 4-15.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:42 PM

oooh ok, thanks !

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

Only once it comes loose which can be anywhere from 4-15.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

Zazayam
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I taught my son as he grew, the same way I taught him to clean the rest of him :)

He didn't think it was weird or anything, he just assumes it's a normal thing I guess, it's just natural to him because he's always had it. He hated that as much as he hated getting the rest of him clean, for a while lol. (He went through a real anti-bath phase...)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:57 PM

i feel like I have a lot riding on this lol cause SO wasnt circumcised and wow he cleans the heck out of it because his mom, who raised him almost alone, taught him to do it.. and I know SO will help him learn and teach him but I'd like to help too

Quoting Zazayam:

I taught my son as he grew, the same way I taught him to clean the rest of him :)

He didn't think it was weird or anything, he just assumes it's a normal thing I guess, it's just natural to him because he's always had it. He hated that as much as he hated getting the rest of him clean, for a while lol. (He went through a real anti-bath phase...)

Connie04
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:57 PM

DH isn't circumcised, so he has taught our 8 year old son how to clean himself.  No biggie; it's just part of the regular  hygeine process. 

gsdogsrule
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Neither of mine are circumcised and we don't do anything special. They've never had an infection. They're 8 and 6.

VanessaCB
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:03 PM

He clean the heck out of it??? That can't be a good thing. Over cleaning it and using soaps inside the foreskin can cause problems such as infections. When the foreskin is retractable, which can take years, even up to puberty and beyond, all the male has to do is take a few seconds to pull back and wash with some warm water. That's it.  Before that, you do absolutelly nothing special to clean it. The foreskin is fused to the glans for many years. Just wash the outside. In fact, my intact son is 4 yrs old and I just put him in the bathtub a few times a week and nothing more. No need to even touch his penis. It's easy. He's never had a problem, no infections.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN