Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Strange Text messages and emails.... PIOG

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:24 PM
  • 22 Replies
I started getting these text last night and emails from someone I don't know. And they won't respond to who they are. I also looked at this number is sending emails to my 16 year old. I don't know how this person got our contact information. And now I just got a text that said; (Sent by IP 98.84.209.133) Unlawful use of this website can and will result in lawful action

(txt2day.com)
It was sent from vgelaw@yahoo.com but that isn't an actual email address.... And VGELAW is some weird law firm out of china but you cannot contact them.
What is this? I've tried blocking my number but it says it could take 24-48 hours. The text are really rude and down right mean sometimes. What should I do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovegrandbaby
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:30 PM
2 moms liked this

I would contact the cell phone company and the police, especially the police.  They can make a report, and they have ways of finding out who is sending these.  I would not respond to the messages though.  It probably would not help your case any.

Clairwil
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:57 AM
Quoting marchantmom06:

I started getting these text last night and emails from someone I don't know. And they won't respond to who they are. I also looked at this number is sending emails to my 16 year old. I don't know how this person got our contact information. And now I just got a text that said; (Sent by IP 98.84.209.133) Unlawful use of this website can and will result in lawful action

(txt2day.com)
It was sent from vgelaw@yahoo.com but that isn't an actual email address.... And VGELAW is some weird law firm out of china but you cannot contact them.
What is this? I've tried blocking my number but it says it could take 24-48 hours. The text are really rude and down right mean sometimes. What should I do?

If the same person is sending txt messages to you and emails to your child, then this isn't spam - it is personal and local.

You should absolutely tell the police, and probably the school too.   It sounds like something another child would do, and they may have done it before to someone else at the same school.

stargaze281
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Thats very strange. Report it to the police and get a new number for yourself and your daughter.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this
A crazypants vindictive Cafemomma didn't track you down did they? There are some crazy effing bitches on this website, I wouldn't put it past one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh I know, we had to press charges on some nut bags a year ago.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

A crazypants vindictive Cafemomma didn't track you down did they? There are some crazy effing bitches on this website, I wouldn't put it past one.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Bump
LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Google the number?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Are you serious? Someone from this site was harassing you??

Quoting marchantmom06:

Oh I know, we had to press charges on some nut bags a year ago.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:01 PM

This is strange! I agree that maybe you can call the police or cell company. Other than that, I have no clue. Good luck!!

little.worthen
by Tess on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:02 PM

well 

IP address "98.84.209.133" is located @ United States South Carolina Belton

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)