Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Female Breadwinners

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

I met my husband when I was in college.  We moved in together and he made much more money than me.  He worked full-time and I worked part-time while going to school full-time.  I was lucky enough to get a job right out of college making just a little less than him.  Almost a year later I moved on to a job where I now make twice as much as him.  It was hard for him at first but when it stopped being "my money", "your money"  and we realized we are working toward the same things, it became eaiser.  The topic of who makes more never comes up and as far as I know, neither of us ever thinks about it.  This reason I am thinking of it now is becuase of a post I saw.

Has anyone else been through this?  How is it for you?  How was the transition for your husband?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I made more than my ex when I was married. He didn't have a problem with it. I make more than my boyfriend and he doesn't have a problem with it either. One thing I have noticed in the last few years (I have been single for 8 years) are that some guys now want a sugar momma. They want to sit at home and play computer games, make a mess, and eat all your food while you go to work and ask you to pay their bills. I had one guy who constantly wanted to drive my car because he liked it better than his and just moved all his crap in my house while I was at work. He wasn't happy when all his crap went out the door later that day. So what I'm saying is, I haven't had a problem with guys having an issue with me making more money. My problem is the leeches who want to use me as their bank account. That ticks me off!

boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:02 PM

when i first graduated college i got a job making more than twice what dh did, and it wasn't an issue. we were able to go on a late honeymoon and move out on our own, so he didn't really care where the money was coming from. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)