Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Joint or separate accounts?

Posted by   + Show Post
Right now my husband and I share an account and we also have our own seperate accounts. This works for us especially since he is a saver and I'm a spender (also a saver too though). He pays the house bills and I pay baby bills, grocery shopping, nights out, cell phone bills, etc. Any big purchases we go halves on. My mom insists we should be using one joint account for everything because we are a team and need to act like one...but the way we are doing it works for us. What do you think?
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Replies (31-32):
almostthere55
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:27 PM

We have two joint accts.  He uses "his" for all major bills (his check which is much larger than mine is deposited directly to that one).  I use "mine" for groceries and incidentals.  My check is automatically put into this one.  We've been married for 26 yrs. and have had this set up the whole time.  It's not that either is a "secret". We can use or look at both anytime we want.  But it just makes sense for us.  We have never argue over finances. 

EDDES
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:12 PM

ladybugWhatever floats your boat. 

80s bluei love being here; thank you for spending time with me and sharing your thoughts. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN