Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

How much should my 7 week old be eating?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:04 AM
  • 5 Replies
She literally went from 2.5 oz to 4oz (every 3 hours) overnight and she's still hungry! I'm assuming its a growth spurt but I feel like its such a huge jump!
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Lol they grow quick. If she is hungry let her eat.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Texascandee
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:11 AM

My experience with my gs was like your baby.  Formula just wasn't doing it for him so my daughter told me to put a bit of cereal in the bottle and it worked like a charm.  He would go from sleeping 2 hrs at a time to sleeping anywhere from 4-5 hours. 

I know a lot of moms strictly go by what the pedi says but all kids are different so that's what I go by.  By 8 weeks, when my daughter was a baby and with my gs, they were eating things like mashed potatoes, etc.  We went by how the child acted and fed them accordingly.

Good luck with your baby and I hope you find what works for you/her

bamababe1975
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:51 AM

If she's hungry, feed her. It probably is a growth spurt and they grow like crazy when they're still so small. :)

bamababe1975
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Just wanted to note, OP, that you shouldn't do this, adding formula to the bottle, without your doctor's recommendation to do so. It may not do anything harmful, but it may also trigger an allergic response - a friend of mine almost lost her 2nd son at 7.5 weeks old when her mother-in-law gave him cereal in his bottle. It was only a small bit in the formula, but his throat closed off and he almost died.

Quoting Texascandee:

My experience with my gs was like your baby.  Formula just wasn't doing it for him so my daughter told me to put a bit of cereal in the bottle and it worked like a charm.  He would go from sleeping 2 hrs at a time to sleeping anywhere from 4-5 hours. 

I know a lot of moms strictly go by what the pedi says but all kids are different so that's what I go by.  By 8 weeks, when my daughter was a baby and with my gs, they were eating things like mashed potatoes, etc.  We went by how the child acted and fed them accordingly.

Texascandee
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:12 PM

As I said, ALL babies are different and you have to try and find out what works for you and your baby.............because this happened to someone you know doesn't mean it will happen to someone else.  You don't make the cereal so thick they can't get it down.  Most doctors will not tell you to do this but you have to find out/do what works for YOUR baby.

Quoting bamababe1975:

Just wanted to note, OP, that you shouldn't do this, adding formula to the bottle, without your doctor's recommendation to do so. It may not do anything harmful, but it may also trigger an allergic response - a friend of mine almost lost her 2nd son at 7.5 weeks old when her mother-in-law gave him cereal in his bottle. It was only a small bit in the formula, but his throat closed off and he almost died.

Quoting Texascandee:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN