Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Successful Pregnancy after Mirena Removal?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:14 AM
  • 8 Replies

My husband and I are both on board for baby #3! I couldn't be more excited. But after googling pregnancy after Mirena, I didn't see very good stories. A lot ended in miscarriages or just not being able to get pregnant. I've had mine in for a little over two years and have loved it so far. I just hope we're able to get pregnant. Any stories to share about pregnancy after Mirena. Good or bad, let me know. Thanks :)

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
EarlGrayHot
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I haven't read any statistics but it's possible these ladies would have had trouble anyway.  Technically, after its removal you really should be able to have a normal baby if you didn't have problems during the time you used the device.  Good luck!

Mom2five87
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I had mine in for almost a year and I got pregnant with my twins within 2 months of having it removed. And it didn't cause any problems with the pregnancy.

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Marimaru
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I had one baby, got mirena, had that removed in August of 2011, and had my 2nd baby in July of 2012.  No issues, no miscarriages :).

bellableu87
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:09 PM
I had mine in for over 3 years. Got it removed at the end of Nov 2011 and got pregnant Jan 1st 2012. Had an amazing normal pregnancy and now my baby girl is 5 months! I was so scared like you for the first trimester cause I didn't hear the best stories either. But just try to relax and best for luck to you :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luv.my.kids.365
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I was pregnant within 3 months of getting mine removed. No miscarriages or anything. Of course I had a bad reaction to the mirena though.

Keep in mind people always want top tell the world when something bad happens, but the good stuff only comes up when asked specifically.

Zazayam
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Sure, I had mirena for 5 years and got it removed. It took me about 3mo's to get pregnant but I lost the baby at 12 weeks. HOWEVER, I don't know if it was related. It took me a while to recover and when we started trying again, a year passed before I got pregnant. I had a lot of complications and I had a subchorionic hemorage (SP?) that may or may not have had anything to do with the IUD. But I did carry to full term and then some (42weeks) and she turned out wonderfully. I don't know if this makes you feel better or worse, I'm sorry... Figured I'd be honest.

MommySchropp
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Thanks for the feedback! So im thinking it could go either way and the end results may or may not have anything to do with the Mirena. My goal is to just not stress out and whatever is meant to happen, will happen.

WithHope
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this
My IUD was removed in January and I had my sweet baby boy 9 months later, in October. No problems and a full term pregnancy!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)