Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Could you do this?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:36 PM
  • 18 Replies

Meet the Real-Life Rapunzel

As many women age, they often chop their long locks and opt for a more sensible bob. But Illinois-based mom Terelynn Russel, 43, is bucking that trend by growing her hair to over six feet long—that's longer than the length of her entire body: "My earliest memory of the shortest hair would be when I was four years old starting kindergarten and it was down to my waist," she said. "To me, short hair would be just above my waist."

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sydjademom24
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:38 PM
I looooove long hair! Although personally the hip area would be as long as I would go. I like the idea but don't think floor length hair is flattering. I am growing all of my daughters hair out unless they ask otherwise. My mom cut my hair off right above my ears when I was 6, I was miserable till it grew back out long! I to this day am super particular about who touches my hair.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Zazayam
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:08 PM

I would LOVE to do this. But I always get about an inch below my shoulders and chop it all off again. My mom's hair is always somewhere below mid-butt and right above her knees and it's always made me jealous.

thatgirl70
by Carin on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:20 PM

No, I'd never have the patience to grow it out that long.

c0wg1rl
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Gosh that would take a lot of maintenance! My hair is almost to my butt and its a pain! It's so curly! Lol. But df likes it long :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:42 AM
I could never let my hair get that long. Right now it's a little past the halfway mark on my back. The longest ill let it go is my butt. It's a pain to take care of as it is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Nope, I'm so tender headed just combing my hair makes me cry and gives me a headache, add the weight of long hair to worsen said headache, etc, and I've kept mine pixies for years. Though I am trying to grow it out again,, I miss having Willie Nelson braids!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:00 PM

My DD saw the post and pic and said "Mom, she is not Rapunzel. They all have a long way to go to catch up to her nad I don't think their hair is magical either." lol

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Does anyone remember Crystal Gail from the '80's? Singer.

NewMom11222011
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Oh, yes!

Quoting EireLass:

Does anyone remember Crystal Gail from the '80's? Singer.

Mama2Spencerninja

NewMom11222011
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Personally I like my own hair short; to each her (or his!) own.

Mama2Spencerninja

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)