Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meet the Real-Life Rapunzel

As many women age, they often chop their long locks and opt for a more sensible bob. But Illinois-based mom Terelynn Russel, 43, is bucking that trend by growing her hair to over six feet long—that's longer than the length of her entire body: "My earliest memory of the shortest hair would be when I was four years old starting kindergarten and it was down to my waist," she said. "To me, short hair would be just above my waist."

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Replies (11-18):
MommySwiggles
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:43 PM
I bet they go through A LOT of shampoo per month.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sherry132
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:49 PM

I can't take the headache of that long of hair. 

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:26 AM

No way!  My hair is just above my shoulders, and I really want to get about 4-5 inches cut off.   When I was a kid, I had my hair down to my butt, and it was such a hassle.  Having it even longer would be a nightmare.

CountryLayne
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Growing up my mother used to keep my hair very long. I used to get horrible headaches from it, and still do if it gets too long. So I keep it no longer than just past my shoulders.

rescuekim
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:03 AM

I LOVE long hair and braids.  I only wish I could have hair like that but my hair is thin and fine.  It's not pretty when it's long.  I'd love to have 'great hair'.

nova.mommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:18 AM

rolling on floor

That sounds like my DD too!

Quoting Anonymous:

My DD saw the post and pic and said "Mom, she is not Rapunzel. They all have a long way to go to catch up to her nad I don't think their hair is magical either." lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:28 AM
I think ultra long hair looks awful. After 40 long hair usually does not look good. Oh, Crystal Gayles hair looked like crap. Long and stringy.
nova.mommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Me too!  I sat on it once and about hurt my neck because I didn't know at first and tried to shift in my seat.  I like it below my shoulders though.  Mine is naturally curly, but before anyone says I am lucky, anything shoulder length or shorter and I need to staighten it or perm it to have any sort of controll over my hair, it has a mind of its own. 

Quoting taniamorse85:

When I was a kid, I had my hair down to my butt, and it was such a hassle.  Having it even longer would be a nightmare.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)