Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

What could be causing this?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
probably about a year ago i had constant tingling in my leg. Went to the dr. At first she said it was a vitamin d deficiency. After a few months of it not going away i went back. My reflexes in that leg were very weak. She ordered an mri to check for MS but the mri showed nothing. The numbness went away for a while. Then it came back a couple months ago. She said i should really be on a vitamin d supplement. So i started it a few months back, but i still have the tingling and then today i started getting sharp shooting pains in that leg as well. HELP!!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Replies (11-14):
mylilnathan
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:36 PM

go for second opinion. hope you feel better.

imamomzilla
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Find another doctor and get a second opinion. Sounds like a pinched nerve or something. IDK

Good luck.

rescuekim
by Kim on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:11 AM

OMG, Nellie!  I have that, exactly as you describe and never knew what it was!  I first got it when I was pregnant - 40 years ago.  Through my life, I have noticed that it comes back whenever I have a weight gain.  Thanks, gal!  Nothing you can do about it, I guess, right?

Quoting NellieQ:

Is this a numbness on the outside of your thigh, just above your knee, in a patch about 4x6?  If it is then it is a nerve that is twisted with a muscle, like a rubber band.  It happens when you carry weight on your hips.  Like a scuba weight belt, tool belt etc.

I have this and it was diagnosed finally by a neurologist.

NellieQ
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:49 PM

No Kim nothing you can do about it.  It is the long narrow muscle from the inside of your knee to your hip.  They call it the tailors muscle because it helps you get up from sitting cross-legged on the floor.  If your skin hurts under the numbness when you do something - stop doing it.  You'll just inflame the pinch and make it worse.  For me that meant no lunges from the trainer, I have a doctors note to prove it.

All excited I helped someone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)