Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gardening

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:55 AM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

Really want to plant a garden this spring, but our new home has all the lines buried under the ground. Has anyone had any success with a  raised bed garden??

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
blueeyes2000
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah raised beds work well. Make sure you are using good soil and do some research on how far the roots go of the different things you want to plant. This will help you figure out how much soil you need to put in the raised bed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Raised beds can work really well - I've never done more than plant some lily bulbs in them myself, though, lol.

Zazayam
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I've only ever had one and grew a lot of ferns and fern-type plants in it. It worked great though, and my grandmother does almost all of her gardening in raised beds. Easier to tend to them at her age :)

Lad71
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I'm really wanting to plant veggies, like tomatos, Cucumbers, etc. :) Has anyone tried a veggie garden in raised beds??

EDDES
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Those are beautiful too if you cannot find what you are looking for gardening raised beds go to Pinterest....you are going to love it...there are so many ideas there. Have fun putting together your garden!gardening

Roo1234
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this
All our likes are buried, nt you should be able to cell and have them mark your lawn showing where they are. There is s good change you could still plant.

That being said, you can have great success with a raised garden.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)