Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do you allow your kids to go to.......

thier friends houses in which the parents smoke inside the home?

I do not. I stand strong by this and I will not let up. I do, however, feel a little bad for my daughter sometimes because practically all of her friends parents smoke in the house and/or car. They are all welcome over here but she only has maybe 2 friends homes that she is allowed to go to. I actually had to confront a parent who smoked in the car with my daughter in there. I didnt even know she smoked and had I known I would not have allowed her in the car because I would NEVER tell a grown person what they can or cannot do in their cars or homes. I simply just do not let my children around the activity. She was actually sorry nd the reason I had to confront her is because I needed to explain to her why my daughter would not be allowed to ride with them anywhere and she understood completely. She actually said she didnt even think about the danger with her kid and that she wanted to stop. Not sure if she did but Im glad I made her think.

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Replies (51-52):
tifbrown
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:18 AM

This isn't a big thing in Canada. Generally, even most people I know who don't have kids, do not smoke in their homes. I don't know of anyone who smokes in their home with kids. But, if they did it would be a no. I would be more than happy for them to come here.

MommaGreenhalge
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm with you, OP. And my mom was the same way. All my friends loved coming over to my house.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN