Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Same sex dating

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

I am a 28 year old mom of  2 preschoolers and I have been single for about 4 years. I haven't really dated at all since i broke up with their dad.   He was a terrible boyfriend and we fought a lot. i have been happier then ever for the most part.  My kids dad sees them regularly and is a very good dad. I have recently developed feelings for another woman. I have aklways been attracted to woman and never hid that fact, but I don't have any experience with woman.  I think she is also attracted to me, but I don't know what to do. She has told me many times that she won't be the one to make the first move in a relationship, but I don't know if she is attracted to woman. Any advice is welcome, thanks 😊

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
NewMom11222011
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Ask her if she has any celebrity crushes.  If she answers with men's names, throw out a woman's name that you think is attractive.  If she agrees, you can open the conversation up from there.  If she says something like, "That's disgusting!" you'll have a different answer to your question.

Mama2Spencerninja

rayroe2
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Do what you do.

Zazayam
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:07 AM

This sounds like a pretty good ice breaker to me.

Quoting NewMom11222011:

Ask her if she has any celebrity crushes.  If she answers with men's names, throw out a woman's name that you think is attractive.  If she agrees, you can open the conversation up from there.  If she says something like, "That's disgusting!" you'll have a different answer to your question.

Smashsmom
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:28 AM
2 moms liked this

If you are attracted to her and picking up signals that she might be interested...you are probably right.  What was suggested about celebrity crushes is a good idea. If you have any gay bars in your area you might try asking have you ever been to ______? If she reacts badly just play it off like you are just one of those totally straight girls that goes there not to get hit on by pervs. I have been only with women since I was pregnant with my son. Trust me straight girls are always at the gay bars. Also, it sounds like you are fairly close to this person as a friend so another option you have would be telling her that you are bi so that you are being honest and building trust. If she is a friend I don't see why she would have a problem with that and that may draw out conversation about her sexuality. Just on a side note, remember that if you do start dating a woman or a man, it's always best to keep the kids unaware of it as long as possible so they don't get attached to somone who will not always be there. While homo relationships feel closer faster a lot of the time, they are not more likely to succeed long term...especially if rushed. I learned this the hard way....twice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN