Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

AM I SERIOUSLY THAT FORGETTABLE ?!?!?!?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

Today is my b day. And the only ppl who have said anything are my ILs. Every year it's the same my family seems to forget I exist or something. But if its my younger sis's b day they will call her at 12:00 am on hers and wish her a great b day. Dh says I shouldn't get upset but I'm the eldest should t I b easier to remember ? My MIL even gifted me $20 so I could get myself something. Wow. My family sucks sometimes. And by family I mean my mom dad and sis. I NEVER forget any of their b days. I think I'm just gonna sulk.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melissa_4
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

emptynesst
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Sorry:( Happy Birthday!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
echo340
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Don't feel too bad.. My family is the same way. EXACTLY the same. I just quit celebrating my birthday. I've learned if you don't expect too much from people you won't get disappointed. When they do remember you can be pleasantly surprised. lol It serves me well, I swear! My best friend remembers every year and I love her for it. Suck it up and know you are important and loved :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Funny thing is it has gotten worse ever since I stopped covering up sis's mistakes like the rest of them. Eh you're right. It does hurt tho but I will not let them rain on my parade!!

Quoting echo340:

Don't feel too bad.. My family is the same way. EXACTLY the same. I just quit celebrating my birthday. I've learned if you don't expect too much from people you won't get disappointed. When they do remember you can be pleasantly surprised. lol It serves me well, I swear! My best friend remembers every year and I love her for it. Suck it up and know you are important and loved :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I am sorry.  At least your inlaws are nice. 

I would stop sending them cards or gifts then again I haven't spoken to any of my family in several years.  =) 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:57 PM
With mine it's getting there. I just..... I hate it that when I do talk to them they kinda reproach me for spending mor time with my ILs than with them. Honestly My ILs are more than that. They're the family I wish I had.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would stop sending them cards or gifts then again I haven't spoken to any of my family in several years.  =) 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Same with my inlaws.  I don't think my husband realised how good he had it growing up until he met my family.  =)

My breaking point was when my sibling sent me an email that our dad died.  (I live on the other side of the country). He died Thursday and  I got the email on Friday and the funeral was Saturday morning.  They just didn't care if I went to the funeral, I guess, and apparently I'm not important enough to call.  That was my last straw.

Quoting Anonymous:

With mine it's getting there. I just..... I hate it that when I do talk to them they kinda reproach me for spending mor time with my ILs than with them. Honestly My ILs are more than that. They're the family I wish I had.

Quoting Anonymous:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:07 PM
I know what you mean. On my GF 75th b day I called and they told me they were going to Saturday mass. I thought it was odd but figured they were going shopping on Sunday. Well it turned out ALL the fam was there except me. I was heart broken.

Quoting Anonymous:

Same with my inlaws.  I don't think my husband realised how good he had it growing up until he met my family.  =)

My breaking point was when my sibling sent me an email that our dad died.  (I live on the other side of the country). He died Thursday and  I got the email on Friday and the funeral was Saturday morning.  They just didn't care if I went to the funeral, I guess, and apparently I'm not important enough to call.  That was my last straw.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Aamy
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Mu bday is 2 days after christmas. Mine is always forgotten till the last min. Its usually a phone call well into the night. Happy Birthday. Hope it gets better.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lilbit53009
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:11 PM

my dad forgets to call me on my bday. not because he forgets the date of my bday...but because sometimes he doesn't realize the date on that particular day. if i haven't heard from him by the afternoon i usually call him and he remembers right away. lol. i don't think he loves me any less tho

happy birthday!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)