Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do you think Casey Anthony is living a good life these days?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:12 PM
  • 12 Replies

Casey Anthony Comes Out of Hiding & You Won’t Believe Why (PHOTO)

Casey AnthonyAll right, be honest, have you been thinking Casey Anthony has had it easy these last couple of years? Thinking after that jury said she didn't murder daughter Caylee, she got to waltz off into the sunset? Not. So. Fast.

The woman dubbed "Tot Mom" during her explosive murder trial back in 2011 is back out in public today at a bankruptcy hearing. Anthony is being forced to sit down with her creditors and explain how the heck she's been living if she's only got $1,000 in assets. There's been talk of some mystery benefactor over the years, and if it's true, that ship might be about to sail.

After all, who wants to be known as the person bankrolling Casey Anthony's cushy life? Not anyone with half a brain ... or sense of safety.

People hate this woman, and they're going to hate anyone who is helping her.

If you get a chance, just watch one of the videos of Casey walking (or should I say crouching and scuttling?) into the courthouse. You can hear reporters screaming, "Did you get away with murder Casey? Did you?" In the few shots of her face, you can see a deer caught in the headlights look, or maybe it's a "rabbit facing a hawk" look.

Either way, you get the sense that Casey Anthony knows exactly what America thinks of her, and it's not good, folks. It's not good. It's been nearly two years since her trial, and America hates her with a capital HATES.

OK, you say, so what? People hate her, but she's still living the good life, living off someone else's dime?

I'm not buying it. In life, we all want to be loved or at least LIKED. As the old saying goes, money can't buy happiness. No matter how many mystery benefactors are buying her laptops and puppy dogs, the fact is, she's still got to live with the seething anger of the American public.

That weighs on your psyche.

Even Anthony's lawyer, Charles Greene, has admitted:

You don't go from the most hated woman in the world, according to some media outlets, to being a normal person or being able to live a normal life.

And yet, somehow I don't see bankruptcy proceedings exactly helping her public profile. She's asking to be excused from nearly $800,000 in debts, including half a million owed to Jose Baez, the lawyer who successfully got her off a murder rap. If there's one thing America hates, it's a deadbeat.

What, exactly, does she hope to get out of this? She's going to have to reveal who is feeding her money, which could make them go running. She has had to show us her face again (interesting to note that she's gone back to the long brown hair after changing up her appearance on us for a bit there). AND she's royally pissing us all off again.

So does this mean we should suddenly be sympathetic for ol' Casey? Of course not. Most of America still thinks she killed her kid, and if she did, she's lower than pond scum.

But maybe it's time we stop envying what we think she's "getting away" with. Because I don't know about you, but I wouldn't trade places with Casey Anthony for any amount of money.

Do you think Casey Anthony is living a good life these days?

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Connie04
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:00 PM

She didn't go to jail for what she did, so there should be some kind of punishment.  Maybe this is it?

cherylam
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:58 PM

no sympathy for this heartless, cruel bitch.  The jury/ court saying she was innocent doesn't mean squat shit to that baby girl, robbed of her life almost before it began.  Whether she actually did it or not doesn't matter to me, she was that precious baby's MOTHER.  SHE was RESPONSIBLE for that baby.  She can't skip out on her debt to the IRS, that can't be wiped out with bankruptcy, I'm not sure about any others. Her lawyer made more than what she owed him, simply with the publicity. I personally hope she wallows working at some low life job for the rest of her miserable life, paying off these debts.

Sorry, I just have zero sympathy for anyone who either hurts a child or allows someone else to do it. Her whole demeanor through the whole trial was, 'poor me'. Never once about that innocent child.
NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this

im sure her life sucks but its still better than being killed by your mom. 

mariesmama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:22 PM

idc if she lives a hell on earth every day of her miserable babykilling life

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Im not sure if she killed her child or not. I cant say for sure either way. 

But seriously, if she has some man paying her way, its no one else's business. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I have better things to do with my effort and time than to spend any of my brain cells on thinking about such wretched person!.

motherslove82
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Whatever she's going through, it's better than what she deserves. She should be in jail facing the death penalty.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:53 PM

She's probably living off the money she got for selling her daughter to some sicko. 

LuckyMom822
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:58 PM

She is alive so yes she is living better than I think she should be.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Its a sad scenario. I feel for her baby girl, and she was responsible for her life. She should get some kind of consequences besides being hated by the public eye. I also hope she finds peace with God in some way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN