Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Are you attracted to your DH/SO?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

I was very close to marrying a guy I didn't find attractive, I had tons of love for him. He was nice, he treated me like a princess, he spoiled me, and I felt loved by him. I didn't find him the least bit attracted to him but I didn't care. I just knew I wanted to be with him... til the abuse started and everything went downhill from there. Anyway, now I'm with a guy who I think is freaking gorgeous and mmmmm. He was poor as shit when I met him but he just made me so happy, still does too, and I didn't care about the money. I can't imagine my life without him and even if he got in some type of freak accident that made him dsfigured I feel like I wouldn't give a crap, I want to grow old with him and take care of him like he's took care of me and the kids.
So I was wondering if anyone has been in a long relationship with someone they aren't attracted to or do looks really matter at the end of the day...?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:30 AM

I dont think looks matter at the end of the day as long as i can picture myself kissing them.  Some men can be gorgeous on the outside but ugly on the outside and some can be less attractive on the outside but gorgeous on the inside.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:38 AM

that's what I'd like to think lol but I never really hear anyone saying they aren't attracted to their partner

Quoting MixedCooke:

I dont think looks matter at the end of the day as long as i can picture myself kissing them.  Some men can be gorgeous on the outside but ugly on the outside and some can be less attractive on the outside but gorgeous on the inside.

strangeyfine
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:19 AM

I think you don't hear people say they aren't attracted to their partner because attraction grows with affection and love. When you love someone, you don't see their unattractiveness, you only see what you love about them, and that is what makes them attractive to you.

AthenaGrace
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I had a lengthy relationship to someone I found pretty gross actually. I loved him a lot but it just didn't work out. I think looks really don't matter at the end of the day...it's just that we never get to know less attractive people because we are always chasing the attractive ones, so we never give ourselves a chance at, "the end of the day," because we put looks at the, "beginning of the day."

But Dh is gorgeous, and he makes me happy...so I have the best of everything.

dbush0584
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:23 AM

I was in a relationship with someone I wasnt attracted to.  I was miserable.  I am with someone that I LOVE to look at now and he just happens to be the most amazing man I've ever met too.  He does all those things you names from the first guy but make me feel like the second guy when I see him.  I am truely blessed.

true-love-21
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Oh lord have mercy, Im pregnant and have been sooo attracted to my hubby lately, oh those manly arms and that sexy ring on his left finger ;) he is all mine! :D
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids732
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:30 AM
I am totally not attracted to my dh at all, I was until he became abusive...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nodramamama311
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Honestly I think looks matter a little bit, I only say that because usually that seems to be the initial thing that attracts people to each other. Along with that statement though goes the old saying, " beauty is in the eye of the beholder ", because my husband is HOT to me but probably not to some others. We all have different tastes.
Also a guy can be considered good looking by the masses but might have an awful personality making him "ugly". So after all my babbling...lol....I am definitely attracted to my husband. I was instantly attracted to him and have been for the 6 yrs we've been together so far. I don't see that changing unless he developes an ugly personality.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherylam
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I don't know... I didn't think DH was really attractive until I watched him walk up the driveway, carrying his rifle.  his muscles bulged , he had on a black T shirt... I couldn't stop drooling, and we weren't married yet.  I still think he's hot, and would do anything for him, over five years later.  The man paints my toenails for me, cooks for me, does dishes and laundry...even picks up my dirty knickers off the floor if I leave them there.  What's not to love?

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:15 AM
The problem is so many young people today think attraction is how someone looks. If we stop looking at people's faces and start learning to fall in love with a persons actions and personality the divorce rate would be non existence. So many people put too much stock in looks as clothes and what people have instead of who they are. My husband makes my stomach flutter after 30 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN