Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Just a question

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:46 AM
  • 21 Replies
I just watched a movie and the lady's husband had lucemia and it was terminal. They decided to have a baby.
If you knew your husband was terminal would you choose to have a baby?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happygolucky106
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:57 AM

yes, as long as they both decide thats what they want.

mollgirl59
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:05 AM

Probably not.

LuckyMom822
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:03 AM

Sure. If I wanted a baby.

SassyLaLa85
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Yes, if we didn't already have children. But it has to be something we both want.

GertieK
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I went through something like this with a friend.  Her husband had an inoperable brain tumor.  She got pregnant (on purpose), and had the baby before he died.  He spent many hours with that baby from birth on, in the bed holding him.  It was some of the most precious times ever.  He died in the same bed he had spent so much time in with his son.  Now, he lives on through his son.  Yes, I would do it.  I am not even sure I would allow my husband's opinion to be a deciding factor.  The fact that he is the one leaving, and I would be the one wanting a child from him, would be most important.  Maybe that sounds selfish, but that is how I feel.

energytherapies
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:39 PM

NO, any choice to have a baby in that circumstance sets a child up for loss, while some may see that as enriching, it genuinely is not,. the complex emotions of a child growing without a parent are very well known, and if the parent continues into illness well after the birth, neither parent has the appropriate energy to put into a child that he/she deserves.Having worked with the emotional distress of adults who has children had sick parents shows that the consequences are far reaching on many levels. In short i see bringing children into the world as an act of love, for the adults and for the child, so if you are to consider the child you probably would not choose this path for them.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:58 PM
No, so mean to the child. I would not wanna be a widow with a baby. Absurd.
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:08 PM

If we were younger I just might; but not at our age. 

DanaG70
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:11 PM

No, for one I'm too old to have any more children, two, I wouldn't want to raise that child alone and three, it's not fair to the child.

BL2010
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I can't answer a question like this unless in the position. I think if the two people involved agree on it then there is no issue.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN