Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

question for non pot smokers **EDIT**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 98 Replies

My in-laws (almost all of them) smoke pot.  I am 100% against pot in every way shape and form.  I do not want my kids around it orpeople who are smoking it. 

My BIL came to our house with his family (wife and two young boys (2 and 4 year olds)).  Near bedtime they smoked in our garage..  They did not even ask if it was ok or anything just asked my DH where they could go with sign language.  They come into my house smelling of it.  i can't stand the smell (it makes me sick)and I have a 2 and 4 year old. 

I was extremely offended,.

My question is- Do you think it is ok for me to be so restrictive of my in-laws - like DO NOT bring pot to my house - not even in their pockets?  Do you think that is rude? 

This is a question for NON-pot smokers because I am assuming that pot smokers would not care. 

**EDIT**  A lot of the posts are referring to it be illegal.  Unfortunately I am in one of the states that has made it legal this year.  It is legal here, but I still do not want it around me or my kids. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SP_Mama
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Illegal drugs of any kind are not allowed in our home.  There are some words that we don't allow in our home as well.  Anyone who doesn't like the rules we set forth for our house, are always welcome to leave.  I don't think it's too restrictive at all.  It's your beliefs.

FoodIsLife
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

It's your damn house!! I would be the same even with LEGAL substances like tabacco and even alcohol. I can't stand the reek of smoke and since it lingers I wouldn't want my children being exposed to it either. 

unspecified42
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:59 AM
I do t think its unreasonable, but only because its illegal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:59 AM
No that's not wrong to ask them to not bring it.
I don't smoke, i honestly think it should be legal, but since its not, i don't want to be around it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:00 PM
If marijuana is illegal in your state, then if it is in your home you are liable for its presence there. You are not wrong here, it's your home they should respect it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids732
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Word that is restricted in our home is snow...

Quoting SP_Mama:

Illegal drugs of any kind are not allowed in our home.  There are some words that we don't allow in our home as well.  Anyone who doesn't like the rules we set forth for our house, are always welcome to leave.  I don't think it's too restrictive at all.  It's your beliefs.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissMissfit
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:03 PM

No one would be allowed in my house with pot. One of my best friends is a huge pot smoker and he knows WAY better than to try to bring it into my house. He is respectful. 

LoveMyKBabies
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Your house your rules. While I don't smoke it, I have no problems with those that do. My friends that smoke it know it's not allowed in my house & they respect my wishes. I would have been mad in your situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovingmommy1028
by Vanessa on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:03 PM

BUMP!

tifbrown
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:05 PM
2 moms liked this

I am pro-pot and even I would care. I think it is extremely rude to go to someone else's home, who is against it and light up. Whether it is in the garage, outside, whatever, it is still disrespectful. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN