Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Ugh...!i feel like a kid needs to ask permission..

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:23 PM
  • 20 Replies
Hello new to this site...mother of 2 n 2 step kids ...im a stay home mom..:( I do feel like a kid that needs permission for everything.. sorry just my life feels up side down..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuckyMom822
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Welcome!! Not completely understanding your post. You feel like YOU need to ask permission for everything? Then girl you need to stop asking permission. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Do you mean from your husband? Oh hell no.
Momof2tokn2
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:40 PM
oops sorry.. Just to much is going on.. well w my husband..i have to ask for permission i got to ask of what he thinks.. N well every thing I ask I just get turn down...
Momof2tokn2
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Yup. From my husband..i know im not working n all but I do want 2 work but everything for him is investing money .if I work kids have to go to day care or pay a nanny ....if I want to sale diet product..or avon I have to pay...its always a no..no no..!! Sorry just need to let out..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Omg, are you sure you wanna stay married. Its a partnership. He is acting like your parent. Wayyyyy too controlling.
bhow
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:48 AM

He trying to control you.  I went through it and it sucked.  Our friends could see that he treated me like a kid and they told him he was wrong.  He doesn't do it now.

LuckyMom822
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:06 AM

The dominant partner will control when given the opportunity. Honestly, if it is about money and he is trying to save money to make life better for the family, then you need to support him. However, if he is spending "his" money on what he wants and doesn't give you any money to spend then yes he is being controlling. I might could see his point with the sell from home theory, because I know a handful of women that ended up paying for the product and couldn't sell it. Its a waste of time and money. If you can get a job that doesn't require you giving a company money, then go get one. I know lots of moms (and a couple of dads) who work part time. They don't make much more than to cover babysitting and gas but its their way of doing something that is all theirs and keeps the boredom at bay. Tell him that you want a job and you are going to get one and that's final. And do it. You are allowing him to stop you.

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:46 AM

1Trixie
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:02 PM

welcome to cafemom Sorry your being treated like that, put your foot down and tell him you are not a child that needs directions from HIM!

PartyGalAnne
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Explain more if you want help or advice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)