Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hubby treats me like an idiot.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

My hubby has a habit of redoing what I've just done, which makes me feel like I didn't do it good enough or I lied and didn't do it at all. 

Yesterday I was looking for my cell phone which was dead and I had misplaced it the night before.

I had been looking for it since the evening before, but wasn't too worried about it, figured it was going to turn up while I cleaned. I had called it 3 or 4 times and decided since it was going direct to messages it was dead. 

I asked him to check the sides of the chair he was sitting in and he decided to pull out his phone and start dialing. I said "I called it several times. It's dead." He continued to finish dialing and put the phone to his ear. I stated again "The phone is dead. I tried that this morning." He continues to listen to the message and hangs up. I then looked at him and said, "Did it go to messages?"

He says "Yes".  I then say, "You know that makes me mad, when you continue to do something that I've told you I just did." "It makes me feel like I can't do anything right or that I've lied to you about it." 

His response was, Well I was just finishing the call. 

**** This type of behavior just burns the hell out of me. ****  He has done things behind me when I've said things like, The light is burned out in the kitchen, will you replace it for me. He goes to the switch and flips it on and off, like I was crazy or something. 

Would this bother you? Does you hubby do this kind of thing too? 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gammie
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:28 PM
My dh is type A so he will do the same what I have done is to just let him do again if it makes him happy. I have given up :) sometimes I will give him "the look" but is it. It is not worth fighting over this, we have been married 32 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gammie
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:30 PM
By the way we are not dumb or crazy they just like to do things their own way and there's nothing wrong with that, People think I'm a princess because he does so much lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:07 PM

30 Yrs here. I guess it's just getting on my nerves. He has gotten controling and his sister has noticed he is treating me different these past few years. She yells at him to knock it off. LOL. Love that she notices he does this stuff. Guess I should play dumb and incapable, so he can feel useful. He's home more now and after all those years of surviving on my own, I guess I should hang up the gloves. ; )

Clairwil
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:05 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

His response was, Well I was just finishing the call. 

That's inflexible thinking, which is often a symptom on the autistic spectrum.

How is he at reading the emotions and motivations of other people?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Clairwil

Horrible at emotions of people he cares about. He seems to be quiet around people in public, not a center of the party person. When approached by women he seems uncomfortable and tounge tied. That's what attracted me to him. Though he will in some situations be the shoulder you want by you. At my aunt's funeral many years ago, he noticed my sister's husband was aloof and he reached out to her and held us both as we cryed. He just seems to self centered now. I do once in a while see that sweet caring man who has such a big heart. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)