Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Is it true that once a cheater, always a cheater?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:53 PM
  • 209 Replies
1 mom liked this

Come and join the fun at the:sunglasses mini

KymberleeAnn's Corner for African American Women

Or the Adorable Ladies group

www.cafemom.com/group/118327

www.cafemom.com/group/118542 Adorable Ladies Link

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GOBryan
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:17 PM
17 moms liked this

I disagree. I believe that if someone cheats it's because they are simply not in love and happy in their relationship. Something is definitely missing. When they find the right person and don't feel something's missing or "mature" then they will stop. 

If the person you are with cheated on you and you kept him, then it's likely to happen again because technically, you accepted him. If you broke up with him and he attempted to win you back for say, a year and then you accepted him back, there may be a chance that he won't do it again. 

People cheat due to lack of maturity and a missing ingredient so it doesn't mean they'll do it with all partners. 

2kids19yrsapart
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:52 PM
9 moms liked this

From my experience, yes it is true.  I have several friends, including a few ex's, who have cheated, and are still doing it.  I think they just aren't satisfied with anything and always want bigger and better.

KymberleeAnn
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Sad but in same cases very true.

Quoting 2kids19yrsapart:

From my experience, yes it is true.  I have several friends, including a few ex's, who have cheated, and are still doing it.  I think they just aren't satisfied with anything and always want bigger and better.

Bella14308
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:01 PM
3 moms liked this
I never thought so til my now ex husband.

now i firmly believe once a cheater always a cheater
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LuckyMom822
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:52 PM
15 moms liked this

I think there are some exceptions to the rule but for the most part I believe unfaithfulness is a character flaw that won't go away until the underlying cause in confronted and dealt with. 

audreesmama
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:13 AM
4 moms liked this
People have the capacity to change but often lack willpower. No blanket statement like that is true, though.
.Funfetti.
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:14 AM
2 moms liked this

Well, no. 

But the scales usually tilt more toward cheating again. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:23 AM
6 moms liked this

I sure hope not. But in my case, loving the man to death and much work on his part to make me feel safe and secure after his affair, plus extreme guilt over the whole thing, made it worth it for me to try again. I also know that I'm assuming ALL the risk here. If it goes bad again, it's on me, I let him back in. But I am willing to try because I love my family.

Brittanyaaron
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Well I guess it depends. Once people "grow up" and mature  the need to cheat isn't necessarily going to be there anymore. As we grow up (some of us) we decide its time to grow up and be an adult. I know people who cheated at a young age and as they got older they changed and stopped doing things like that.

gizmo538
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:33 AM
2 moms liked this
No. Not always.

In most cases yes, but not all of them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)