Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Is it true that once a cheater, always a cheater?

Posted by   + Show Post

Come and join the fun at the:sunglasses mini

KymberleeAnn's Corner for African American Women

Or the Adorable Ladies group

www.cafemom.com/group/118327

www.cafemom.com/group/118542 Adorable Ladies Link

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Replies (21-30):
KymberleeAnn
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:18 AM

Yes developing moral strength is surely a way for a cheater to ne'er cheat again, especially if he stays close to God and not backslide.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think some men, when they become Christians can put poor behavior choices (such as cheater) behind them and commit to never do it again. 

KymberleeAnn
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:22 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm sorry for your marriage it's so sad when people cheat it causes such a void.

Quoting Bella14308:

I never thought so til my now ex husband.

now i firmly believe once a cheater always a cheater

KymberleeAnn
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:25 AM

This is very true because some cheaters seem to have way more going on other than the fact that they are cheating on and hurt the very person they claim to care about.

Strange!

Quoting LuckyMom822:

I think there are some exceptions to the rule but for the most part I believe unfaithfulness is a character flaw that won't go away until the underlying cause in confronted and dealt with. 

jhslove
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:25 AM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't say it as a blanket statement, but to me cheating usually indicates a lack of character that tends to permeate into other areas of life as well. If you're willing to do unethical things in your love life, you're often willing to do unethical things in other areas of life as well. For that reason, I would tread very carefully in considering whether to get in a relationship with someone who had cheated before.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:27 AM
2 moms liked this
No I don't believe it's always true. If the couple can learn better communication, figure out what went wrong, some marriages end up better then they were before.
KymberleeAnn
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:29 AM

clappingBravo! You made a very good point here, people who cheat are most likely to do other bad things in life maybe even cheat on their taxes and things like that. Cheating tells you a lot about that person for sure.

Quoting jhslove:

I wouldn't say it as a blanket statement, but to me cheating usually indicates a lack of character that tends to permeate into other areas of life as well. If you're willing to do unethical things in your love life, you're often willing to do unethical things in other areas of life as well. For that reason, I would tread very carefully in considering whether to get in a relationship with someone who had cheated before.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:30 AM
I don't believe this.

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

clappingBravo! You made a very good point here, people who cheat are most likely to do other bad things in life maybe even cheat on their taxes and things like that. Cheating tells you a lot about that person for sure.

Quoting jhslove:

KymberleeAnn
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:33 AM

That word addiction is powerful, I spoke with a person that is a chronic cheater and he told me that it's always that desire to be with other women even when the relationship that he's in is a grat one, he still feels the need to sleep around.

I told him he sounds like an sex addict and needs help.

Quoting Uhura:

I think so, yes. However, I think they can keep themselves from doing it, but there's always that possible impulse to cheat. I view it as an addiction of sorts.

KymberleeAnn
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:38 AM

It may not be true it it's a very good theory if I must say so myself. It really makes sense just think about it a cheater is also a sneaky person, they are also a liar I would not want to hire a person with those types of traits. 

I think. Cheater is also a very secretive person, how can you trust a person like that?

a liar

a ssneak and a one who is secretive?

so thess traits may as well spell over in other areas of their lives. So they would have to really reform in order to earn my trust.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't believe this.

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Quoting jhslove:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:07 AM
As a former cheater I can say it's NOT true.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)