Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Is it true that once a cheater, always a cheater?

Posted by   + Show Post

Come and join the fun at the:sunglasses mini

KymberleeAnn's Corner for African American Women

Or the Adorable Ladies group

www.cafemom.com/group/118327

www.cafemom.com/group/118542 Adorable Ladies Link

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Quoting GOBryan:

I disagree. I believe that if someone cheats it's because they are simply not in love and happy in their relationship. Something is definitely missing. When they find the right person and don't feel something's missing or "mature" then they will stop. 

If the person you are with cheated on you and you kept him, then it's likely to happen again because technically, you accepted him. If you broke up with him and he attempted to win you back for say, a year and then you accepted him back, there may be a chance that he won't do it again. 

People cheat due to lack of maturity and a missing ingredient so it doesn't mean they'll do it with all partners. 

I agree.  There are some people who repeatedly cheat and do it for the attention and rush of excitement, but I think for those that do it while in a long term marriage or relationship....this is the situation.

butterflycircle
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I guess it is probab;y not always true. I wouldn't be able to get past it though. If he/she is willing to cheat on their SO, what makes you think that they wouldn't cheat on you too?

lovnmy3boys
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:17 AM

No, I don't believe that. I had it explained to me like this... There are different reasons people cheat, and a difference between someone who wants a glass of something compared to someone who wants the whole bottle. As wrong as it is, there are some people who needed an experience to make them a better person, or appreciate what they have. And no, not every person who's cheated is a horrible untrustworthy person. Some may be, but not all.

We all live and learn.

livelaughlov26
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this
In most cases yes. But I would not be with them long enough to find out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Subway
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I agree with this statement, I also think a lot men will cheat if giving the opportunity. Some men have told me even if there wife is perfect and they love her, that they will still cheat because its about having something "new" and exciting. 

kaylasmom22
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Not true,my step dad cheated on my mom for years. Now he is a change man,he realized what he had at home was better than than anything.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SP_Mama
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM

No, it's not true for everyone. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:39 AM

i disagree. I cheated on two of my ex boyfriends, with one i didnt care, with the second i felt extremly guilty and ended the relationship. Years later, and now married with a wonderful dh and beautiful children I know 100% i would never ever cheat, no matter how "bad" things might get. I am mature enough now to know cheating doesnt solve anything and it actually just makes it worse. 

so no once a cheater does not mean always a cheater

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Typically yes, this is true. However, in some instances, cheaters cheat for the excitement and because they are young and foolish. My SO cheated on every single girl he's ever been with, including me in the beginning of our relationship. I walked away and he lost everything. His house, his job, his car, everything, while I thrived. It took about a year for him to get his life back together but we ended up getting back together and getting married and he hasn't cheated on me in years. Its not an easy thing to get past but we both knew that we wanted to be together and that in order to move forward, we had to stop beating a dead horse.

You have to be willing to forgive them, and if you question if they are being faithful all the time, they will more than likely cheat again. If they are being accused of doing it, in their minds, they might as well do it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:45 AM
That is well put and true.

Quoting lovnmy3boys:

No, I don't believe that. I had it explained to me like this... There are different reasons people cheat, and a difference between someone who wants a glass of something compared to someone who wants the whole bottle. As wrong as it is, there are some people who needed an experience to make them a better person, or appreciate what they have. And no, not every person who's cheated is a horrible untrustworthy person. Some may be, but not all.

We all live and learn.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)