Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Is it true that once a cheater, always a cheater?

Posted by   + Show Post

Come and join the fun at the:sunglasses mini

KymberleeAnn's Corner for African American Women

Or the Adorable Ladies group

www.cafemom.com/group/118327

www.cafemom.com/group/118542 Adorable Ladies Link

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Replies (41-50):
GOBryan
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes I do.. Admittedly.. I was the one that cheated. I felt I was in a roommate situaiton with my ex and I wasn't mature enough to just leave. I was unhappy. I finally left him. We get along now and speak with eachother but I remarried, so did he and I'm perfectly content. I've matured and would never go through that craziness again. Not worth it at all. 

Again, It was lack of maturity and lack of contentment. Figured out that I loved him but I wasn't in love with him. We did nothing together.  I married him at 19 and we were married 16 years. Now I'm 46 and would never consider it and I have been approached. No way. 

Quoting RoseWall:

for some reason i hope you are right. and yet your reply post made me LOL. i am curious though. do you speak from some experience at all. just wondering and not bashing at all.

Quoting GOBryan:

I disagree. I believe that if someone cheats it's because they are simply not in love and happy in their relationship. Something is definitely missing. When they find the right person and don't feel something's missing or "mature" then they will stop. 

If the person you are with cheated on you and you kept him, then it's likely to happen again because technically, you accepted him. If you broke up with him and he attempted to win you back for say, a year and then you accepted him back, there may be a chance that he won't do it again. 

People cheat due to lack of maturity and a missing ingredient so it doesn't mean they'll do it with all partners. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Mostly yes, but I do believe there are a few people who change.

Italiancouture7
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:34 AM

In my experienced it was true. My ex-husband cheated on me at least 3 times that I could prove (definitely more I guarantee). Then after I divorced him he got with one of the women he cheated on me with..knocked her up and they got engaged. Then he cheated on her too. He clearly cant keep it in his pants. Some men are just sick.

mom_3.0
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:59 AM

No. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:01 AM
No, its not always true. Me and my dh were both married before, we both cheated and were cheated on. We have talked about it and know each others history. There is no excuse for what we did but we are very happy together and we both try really hard to keep things good. We also both agree if either of us cheat on the other, the marriage is over. We learned from our mistakes and have total respect for each other.
kitty8199
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Depends. Was it a one time indiscretion? Was it a serial cheater? Was it a while separate relationship?

Nature of the cheating plays a role.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeAmour
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:16 AM

In my personal expierence, yes it's true.

ProudMommy51006
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Depends on the person and situation.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KymberleeAnn
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Is it considered cheating when the relationship is broken up?

Quoting kitty8199:

Depends. Was it a one time indiscretion? Was it a serial cheater? Was it a while separate relationship?

Nature of the cheating plays a role.

KymberleeAnn
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:32 AM

(((HUGS))) Sorry for that. 

Quoting BeAmour:

In my personal expierence, yes it's true.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN