Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Cold Remedies

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:11 PM
  • 3 Replies

I'm 7 months pregnant and have a cold from hell.  I feel like crap.  I can't stop sneezing, my head is all stuffed up, I've got a fever and body aches.  I have taken the last few days off work, this morning because I had no voice.  I HAVE TO WORK TOMORROW.  I need the money badly.  What can I do to make myself feel decent enough to sleep and go to work in the morning?  Any suggestions ladies?

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LuckyMom822
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Apple cider vinegar with the mother in it. You can find it at the grocery store. As with all things, clear it with your ob first. I take a shot of it in the morning followed by a full glass of water. Make sure you rinse the vinegar off your teeth. It will cure all that ails ya.

momamanda
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I had the absolute worse cold, just like you, When I 8 months preggo with dd on top of that I had a 4 year old, 1 year old and my dh was a truck driver who got stuck out on the road for the 2 weeks before she was born.  I was so sick! it was awful. When I went to have my c-section I told them how sick I was and I was scared of having a coughing fit during the surgery So they gave me AFRIN. WOW! within minutes it was gone. I know you asked for natural but AFRIN works and It was 5 years ago but they said it was safe during pregnancy. It would be worth a try. call your doc or pharmasist first of course. Other than that. I use honey for cough and sore throat. I have also heard that apple cider vinegar works. Hope you feel better soon!

funhappymom
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:14 AM

A neti-pot. It's awesome and works so well.

It sounds gross but it work wonderfully.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)