Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not working as a team??

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:14 PM
  • 7 Replies
I want to know you ladies opinions. Earlier today around evening time, me, dh and ds went grocery shopping. As we were on the line to pay, the cashier asked us would we like to donate $1 or more to a school charity thingy. I said "no, maybe next time" lol, then. 2 sec. later dh says "yes" . I look at him do it, and get little embarrassed cause I just said no. it seemed like he didn't consider what I just said. The answer was no and he just goes over me and says yes?? I thought it was kinda rude and also it made me look bad too. WHen we left the place and walked back to our car, I laughed and said its funny how I just said no and you decide to say yes, why couldn't you listen to me?? He starts by saying how he likes to donate when he gets the chance to. Then I tell him I like to donate too but it made me look bad when you just said yes after, and the cashier even looked at me. I also said to dh that I wasn't trying to make a big deal but we should stick to one answer. SO he just replies that it's not a big deal. SOoo ladies, what does this sound like to you??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mama-sita
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Sounds like a miscommunication to me.  Nothing major.

baby7810
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:18 PM

did he hear you say no?

LuckyMom822
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Personally, I don't think it's a big deal. Dealings with the kids are a big deal so I would be upset if he went behind me then. But this isn't worth getting upset about IMO.

stargaze281
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:20 PM
lol, yes he heard me say "no"

Quoting baby7810:

did he hear you say no?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Roo1234
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:27 PM
if he wanted to donate,I don't see the problem. yes, you said not at this time, but odds are good that both of you intended to make a response and you just beat him to the punch. would you have overruled him if he had spoken first?

it isn't a big deal. it was one dollar. How likely is it that you are going to remember which cashier witnessed your " embarrassment" the next time you go shopping there? how likely do you think that she will remember you?
GertieK
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Oh my, pick your battles.  This one isn't worth it.

almostthere55
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I have to admit I would have been a bit embarrassed to.  I would have mentioned it to DH later to.  If he heard you say no,then he should have said something like, "how about we donate a buck, Honey?  Is that ok?".  Then you could have saved face and said yes.  It shows a common courtesy to me.  Yes it's small and yes you pick your battles.  I wouldn't have made an issue of it, but meerly asked him to consider my feelings the next time. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)