Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is awesome and yet sucks....

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 2:15 AM
  • 7 Replies

So my DH (really fiance but just saying Dh for the sake of easyness lol) is working on re-building his credit through fingerhut. It is not the best but it is the only site that will give him some kind of credit. Anyways my birthday was on the 5th and I didn't ask for anything because I couldn't really think of anything I wanted. I like spending money on our DD more than myself lol.

ok ok to the point. He said I have $180 limit to find something on fingerhut I want and he will get it. The rules are it has to be for me, not him, the house, or bekah just something fun for me. Which i'm like AWESOME, however, I cannot find anything that I like. Every piece of jewelry I end up liking has horrid reviews and I don't know my ring size... It's either 8, 9, or 10... and I'm a plus size gal and IMO plus size clothing is always so crappy looking (ok not always but this site use to have cute tops, not anymore, once again just my opinion). Anyone have any idea or tips for me? I used my account to get him a new Blueray DVD player for christmas so that whole getting him something it out =/ I found about 7 things for our DD.

Oh oh oh I did look at shoes and there are some cute sandles on there... I am not sure if I want shoes though... I do wear sandles pretty much 24/7 in summer and it is getting warm now...

My First Time Mom BLOG, Feel Free to Visit: http://fkoen.blog.com/

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 2:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
gsmom9
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:14 AM
1 mom liked this

decisions, decisions. isnt that the way it goes tho. when you dont everything is cool and on sale. when im looking, there isnt anything worth looking at,or its the wrong size, style. they do have alot of stuff in their catalog tho. happy hunting, and happy birthday

FaeBrooke
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Thank you, I seem to talk myself out of everything I finally decide on. There are a lot of DVDs I like but no way am I paying $40 for them lol.

907PickleMom
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 3:45 PM
If you pick a ring and it is real gold, platinum or silver it can be sized by a jeweler so if you buy the wrong size it can be fixed. Also you can go to the mall jewlers and they should size you for free. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FaeBrooke
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Ha thank you for the tip. I was thinking about popping into the mall to figure my size out. Just a matter of remembering.

bugdoodle313
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Hmm, I love shopping when I can, usually I buy shoes, purses or electronics. Lol. I have never bought anything from finger hut, do you need or want any electronics? And in my opinion you can never have too many shoes :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FaeBrooke
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Lol, I did find a cute pair of sandles. My only "problem" with shoes is I have wide feet so sometimes I'm a 9 1/2 sometimes a 10 or a 10 1/2 and I don't want to have to send the shoes back for another size. Not the best excuse but hehe like I said I did find some shoes. Fingerhut has some nice stuff and some cheap stuff. Some good deals and some rip offs lol. I am a review hound and from what I have found about 90% of their Jewelry is total bunk and junk =( I have not read up on every sincel piece of Jewelry on there but yeah. I would love a nice dresser or something but our bedroom is already so cramped... unless I sell some stuff on craigslist hehehe

Quoting bugdoodle313:

Hmm, I love shopping when I can, usually I buy shoes, purses or electronics. Lol. I have never bought anything from finger hut, do you need or want any electronics? And in my opinion you can never have too many shoes :)

My First Time Mom BLOG, Feel Free to Visit: http://fkoen.blog.com/

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
aneela
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:43 AM

not sure what you should get but happy bday and i hope you find something u like

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)