Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

UPDATED WITH VIDEO: How do you find time to pamper yourself each day?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Eye Cream & Lash Serum Duo and asked them to share their experience. Watch  what some of our influencer moms are saying about their experience and then tell us how you find time to pamper yourself each day.

Be sure to click here to save 20%* on your first order at soap.com. 
Enter Code: CAFEMOM20

*Max discount $20. Expires 7/31/13. New Soap.com customers only. Offer cannot be combined with other new buyer offers, sales, and close-out items. Offer subject to change or cancellation. Excludes Clarisonic.

CafeMom recruited a large panel of our members, broadly representative of American Moms. Each panelist received one of 4 P&G products along with an experiential assignment suggesting ways to use it. We asked these panelists whether they agreed with this seal's claim, and awarded a seal if 75% or more of the panelists agreed with the claim and we received more than 250 responses. CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Replies (21-30):
HopesNDreams
I think pampering yourself does not have to be an event that is planned for - time out from the day that we moms can never find!

Instead, I try to find lots of little ways to pamper myself that I fit into my day to day routine. Luxurious, scented bath gel in the shower, instead of plain soap. A spray skin toner that makes my face feel great while the scent lifts my mood. I indulge in creamer instead if low fat milk for my coffee. Little steps throughout the day let me spoil myself and still get done everything I need to do!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nova.mommy
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I really don't do anything special to pamper myself.  I can't wait to see if this works.  I have noticed my eye area getting 'old' looking.  I know I waited to long to do anything, but I am hoping this proves me wrong, I am not one to spend a bunch of money on cosmetic surgery.

motamaid

Before I became preganant and had baby no. 3 a few weeks ago, part of pampering myself was getting to go to the gym and have an amazing high-impact zumba class.  I am terribly over weight and was then and was losing fat and feeling so great. After the class I would take like a whole hour sometimes in the bath or shower, taking my time and enjoying every minute of it. The class was 4-5 nights a week and although i prefer to bathe and exercise in the morning to energize my day, at least this way my husband stayed home with the kids and when I got home they were already in bed and I got to have ME time!!! Hopefully in a few weeks  when the newborn starts sleeping longer I can start it all over again. I have gained back all the weight I lost plus a few pounds.

Another thing that I do about once a month is go get a pedicure. I had my first one in August of 2012 and now I;m hooked!!

harmony7

In a house full of men (we have five boys still at home) pampering is not a planned event. I do buy myself special bath and shower gels and sprays, scented body lotions and burn scented candles. I do take time to use my hand held face scrubber and face cleaner from Olay everyday. I love the way it makes my skin feel.

As far as make up I work from home so I do not wear makeup here but I do make cold calls (like I am heading out this morning) and I do meet with clients on a regular basis outside of my home office so careful makeup and hair is important. I use a good base with a brushed on powder to take the shine off and finish. I also use a brush on blush, eye shadow and mascara. I am finding as I have aged that my once long lush eyelashes are disappearing so I am super excited to use a product that may be able to bring back that eye definition I once had.

I get my hair cut and professionally colored about  four times a year and in-between I keep the gray at bay by doing it myself.

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with five still at home
givenshl

Taking care of myself in general is a pamper that goes a long way. Eating right and exercising on a daily basis allows me to feel and look good.

JTMOM422

I have 2 young kids and really don't have the time to pamper myself. I would love a product that is easy to use and that I don't need alot of time for. I haven't received my product yet but can't wait to give it a try

Jessica79
1 mom liked this

Does coffee count? lol I don't have a lot of "me time", but sipping on that morning cup of coffee while reading through scripture passages is enough to refuel me each day. :)

Can't wait to try the product!

Update! :)
I tried the product, and I love the texture of the cream and I think it did make the skin around my eyes softer. I honestly found the lash serum to be less wonderful than the cream though. I have naturally long and thick eye lashes, I don't even need mascara (not to boast, just sharing so that my experience with the serum makes sense.) It didn't help my lashes in any particular way, and I even noticed that I lost a few more eye lashes than I would say is normal for me.

Overall I like the product, but I wouldn't recommend the lash serum, just the eye cream.

Christ be with me,
be after me,
be before me,
and be at my right and left hand.

May everything I do be for Christ.

Jessica & Bradley
happily homeschooling...

Julie (16), Ruthanne (13), Elijah (10) & Ellianna (7)

jenmomx3

I wish I had time to pamper myself.  I am a single mom of three, so the only pampering I get is a long bath here and there.  I think that my eyes are one of my best features, and typically when I wear makeup, the only makeup I wear is eyeliner and eyeshadow.  I have good skin, so I really don't go the foundation route because I feel that I don't need it.  

foistela
Overall I'm pretty happy with my facial appearance, but I have started to develop crows feet. I never leave the house without my foundation, powder, eye shadow, eye liner and mascara.

I did not notice any changes to my lashes or wrinkles so far. I plan to continue to use the Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Eye Cream  though, to see if it needs a little longer to work. I will not continue to use the Lash Serum Duo though. It made my lashes clump, which made it harder to apply my mascara.

At this point, I would not recommend either product to other moms, but that may change if I start to notice a difference with the Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Eye Cream. However, I will be using soap.com in the future and recommend it to other moms.

Owner of 
Photobucket

Admin of
        Fall 2008 Babies

ejsmom4604

I have in the past been blessed not having to do much. I really wasn't "aging" until recently. I notice a difference around my eyes and mouth. Of course getting towards the end of my 30's I guess it was bound to happen. My me time is at night after the kids are asleep. This usually includes catching up on shows and playing on the computer (aka mmorpg games). I've never had a "beauty" routine outside the basics. Make up is used for special occasions, even if that occasion is something in my mind. 

I'm looking forward to trying Regenerist, and have actually been thinking about it for a long time now.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN