Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

UPDATED WITH VIDEO: How do you find time to pamper yourself each day?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Eye Cream & Lash Serum Duo and asked them to share their experience. Watch  what some of our influencer moms are saying about their experience and then tell us how you find time to pamper yourself each day.

Be sure to click here to save 20%* on your first order at soap.com. 
Enter Code: CAFEMOM20

*Max discount $20. Expires 7/31/13. New Soap.com customers only. Offer cannot be combined with other new buyer offers, sales, and close-out items. Offer subject to change or cancellation. Excludes Clarisonic.

CafeMom recruited a large panel of our members, broadly representative of American Moms. Each panelist received one of 4 P&G products along with an experiential assignment suggesting ways to use it. We asked these panelists whether they agreed with this seal's claim, and awarded a seal if 75% or more of the panelists agreed with the claim and we received more than 250 responses. CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Replies (31-40):
KatieSeaton

I don't really get scheduled pampering times...I usually just take 5 minutes here and 5 minutes there whenever I can get them. It usually includes giving myself a manicure or putting some lotion on or if I'm really lucky, a bubble bath! I will be turning 30 in August and while I still look pretty young (I get comments about this ALL the time...I even got carded buying lottery tickets! LOL!) I have noticed that the skin around my eyes seems a bit droopy. And while I understand that it is completely normal for things to sag with age...I still want to look young. So, I'm going to give the Olay Regenerist a shot. I don't usually do much to my skin besides some Aveeno moisturizer in the morning. I rarely wear any make up besides mascara...mascara is a MUST for me since I have fair skin and light eyelashes.

I received the Olay samples in the mail yesterday and today is my first day of using it. I will take before and after pictures as the month progresses.

Week 1: (3-26-13)

Week 2: (4-4-13)

Week 3: (4-11-13)

MamaJane
I don't take time every day, besides letting myself sit on the couch at the End of the day :)

I do have my hair appointment every 2 months. I feel guilty about spending the money but that is my time. I give myself pedicures. Something about taking care of your feet that makes you feel really good. I haven't done more than cut my toenails in 9 months.

Edit: this project got me going! I did take care of my feet and get them sandal ready. Just taking a few minutes to apply the cream made me take a little more to apply moisturizer. It's 2 minutes of your day and a great and fast way to take care of yourself. I think just these small things make you feel better about yourself as well.
I did forget on occasion but for the most part I did well. I found that I was applying the cream too close to my eyes and when I backed off a bit my eye stopped stinging.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cjam

Since I am a single mom I really don't get to pamper myself.  Everyone in the world says its important but when all things fall on one person something like pampering yourself becomes low on the list of things to do.  Since I haven't been able to take time to pamper myself I am definitely starting to feel run down and in need of some time off from everything and everyone.  :)

I look forward to trying the product and providing my input.

Update:  I have tried the product and found it okay but not something I would use on a regular basis.  The first application, which was right before I went to bed, I experience some tingling but not in a good way, it was more like annoying and almost felt like I was going to have an allergic reaction. When I woke up the next morning I did not see any redness nor puffiness I thought I would expect due to the tingling the night before so I was happy I did not have any negative effects due to using the product so I continued to use it. I sometimes found myself forgetting to put the product on, especially in the morning so I just began using it at night since that is when I have more time to attend to my face as part of my usual cleansing routine.  I have used it for about a week but I have not noticed any difference with my lashes nor my eyelids. I am not sure If I was using enough as I try not to put a lot of creams on my face because my skin can become quite oily at time especially around my eyes during the day.  The eyelash product did not irritate but nor flaked but did not make me feel as though I was pampering myself nor helping my eyelashes to appear thicker.

Thus, I am not sure I would use this often as I see it as not benefiting my overall appearence and as a person on a tight budget I could not justify the cost.  I do appreciate the opportunity given to try the product.  Thank you.

rbailey2414
1 mom liked this

so excited about this influencer!! As a mother of 3 young children and one on the way, I really don't have a lot of time for myself at all! I am trying to make time before I go to bed every night, which is when I plan to try out this product. I am sooo excited and thankful for Cafemom Influencer program.
I have always been self conscious of my skin- I really don't like my complexion at all. I am fair skinned and have freckles and can break out occasionally. I have naturally reddish blonde hair, redder in the summer. I have hazel eyes. I am 26-27 in July, and I can start to notice the stress my kids give me on the sides of my eyes- little wrinkles starting to form!!

My first take on the product was that it went on smooth and easy. I was able to follow the instructions easily and after applying, I saw an immediate difference in my eyelashes. They looked great! In the morning after applying, I went on with my usual daily makeup routine of foundation, eyeshadow and mascara, and the difference in my eyelashes was amazing- the lash serum really gives them that extra va-va-voom! I applied morning and evening, just as the packaging suggests. It was great to be able to wind down and have sort of a nightly ritual before bed and was a great stress reliever! I recommend this product to any mom that wants to feel that little extra "me" time for herself and feel and look great afterwards!

pamelax3

I do not have a lot of time for pampering, but when I do I always try to do a facial, manicure and pedicure

Jessiejack

I try to go to bed early and read a few pages each night in a good book or take an extra long shower. Its hard to find the time when I am always running around with the kids and my husband. I am looking forward to trying this product out.

thenameshailie

I am excited to try Regenerist. I am only 25 and don't have many issues with lines yet, but I do think prevention is key. I only wear make up on special occasions. I pamper myself pretty often. I use a lot of face masks, I always do my nails, Use lotion daily, and do yoga. Some times I will take a nice bath with some great salts. 

SabrinaLC

I rarely pamper myself.   My eyes look tired a lot.  It's probably because I am tired, but also because I'm not a teenager anymore.  My hair seems to be sprouting the occasional grey, I'm getting older I guess.  I wear eyeliner every day.  At least once a month I go a little further and put on eye shadow.  I've always had longish and dark eye lashes, never a complaint about them.

Since using the Olay items I haven't noticed any change in my eyes or lashes.  My eyes didn't really look "old" to start with so I'm interested to see if there is any change after this month is up.

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

paytonleximomma

I am excited about trying this.  I always put my husband and kids first and leave myself until the last and then I just tend to neglect what I need.  Of course I think my husband is finally noticing this because for my birthday on Saturday he bought me a spa day. LOL  But I am truly excited to see how the product works because my eyes need the help.

KickButtMama

I'm a homeschooling mom of 2 boys, and I can feel the hot breath of turning 40 breathing down my neck. I'm lucky in that my mother, who never took care of herself, still looks like my sister. So I guess we have young features. But I've got my first wrinkle, so it's not an unheard of concern for me. My first little wrinkle is right on the edge of my eyebrow. Otherwise I'm still carded to buy lotto and ciggarettes, and you only have to be 18 for that! 

I usually take time for myself every evening, I love to read and drink coffee. So once everyone is in bed, I ignore the dishes or messes, and I go outside - rain or shine - and read for a little escapism. About once per week I like doing a little home spa treatments - manicure, facial scrub, etc. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)