Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

UPDATED WITH VIDEO: How do you find time to pamper yourself each day?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Eye Cream & Lash Serum Duo and asked them to share their experience. Watch  what some of our influencer moms are saying about their experience and then tell us how you find time to pamper yourself each day.

Be sure to click here to save 20%* on your first order at soap.com. 
Enter Code: CAFEMOM20

*Max discount $20. Expires 7/31/13. New Soap.com customers only. Offer cannot be combined with other new buyer offers, sales, and close-out items. Offer subject to change or cancellation. Excludes Clarisonic.

CafeMom recruited a large panel of our members, broadly representative of American Moms. Each panelist received one of 4 P&G products along with an experiential assignment suggesting ways to use it. We asked these panelists whether they agreed with this seal's claim, and awarded a seal if 75% or more of the panelists agreed with the claim and we received more than 250 responses. CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Replies (371-380):
Stormywaters03

I was pretty excited to be chosen for this Influencer, because I used the original Regenerist line and have been a loyal customer since.

I normally always wear glasses to work, so for this experiment I wore contacts all week, so the difference for my coworkers has been dramatic to finally see my eyes and how luscious and thick my lashes are!  There is definitely immediate thickening and lengthening to my lashes before I even applied mascara. I did a still shot of one of my videos to show my coworkers, they were so amazed they went out and bought some as well (at Walgreens, it was $29.99). Here's a still shot of one of my video's for the Momtage:

My biggest and most often repeated comment was people asked me when I started wearing false lashes!

My daily routine is quick and rushed. Brush my teeth, yell at my son to get up. Wash my face, yell for him to put on socks...now the other sock, now put your pants on. I basically do my routine while coaching him through getting ready for school. This extra step fits seamlessly into my process because it adds less than 20 seconds. Anyone has time for that. As far as my daily pampering routine incorporating this micro-sculpting eye cream, I applied the eye cream twice a day, once in the morning and once before bed as part of my nightly routine after brushing my teeth/washing my face. I don't have wrinkles yet *fingers crossed* but I could definitely tell a "tightening" and my general mommy tired puffiness dissipated. 

As 31 year old African American woman, I have yet to have wrinkles and crow appear, but I will still continue to use it as a preventative measure. You can never take too much care of your face!

I will definitely continue to buy this product, especially if they consider selling the lash serum separately and I'd like to add that all the regular places I shop (Walmart, Target, Walgreens already sell it).  One thing I LOVED was that it was not at all reminiscent of the other products that have that icky white primer.  This is clear and the applicator slightly pulls, so it works much much better (not to mention you don't have to cake on mascara so your lashes don't look gray.  I have already heard some excellent feedback, especially from women a bit older than me or women that wear false eyelashes (they wear it over them) apparently.

The only other thing I'd want to say to you moms....lack of time not an excuse, it takes seconds and makes a huge difference. You will definitely notice a difference within the first application!  I have felt beautiful and have had a blast with this product.  I can't wait to see what products I can use my Soap.com coupon for!

Thanks CafeMom and Olay!

dream528

I don't pamper myself very often. I used to - I used to have a whole beauty routine going on! But having 2 kids in 2 years wore me out a little...and when push comes to shove, make-up takes a backseat to extra sleep.  But I feel like I went from one extreme to another - taking total care of myself to letting myself go completely - and am just now looking to find a little balance.  A little time for myself.  So I jumped at the chance to try the Olay product...

I'm not overly concerned with fine lines and wrinkles, honestly.  But after 2 back-to-back pregnancies, I'm looking a little worn out.  And while I've always looked young for my age, I can't deny that as I do get older, my skin and hair don't bounce back quite like they used to.  But the Olay product appealed to me because I've always been an eye-rubber (much to my mom's dismay, lol) and the fine lines are starting to pop up around my eyes. Bleh.

So I got the product in the mail - sent by Soap.com. I have to say, it was packed really well! And arrived quickly.  Which made me happy.  But as I checked out the little Olay box, I was unclear on what the product was supposed to do for me. I mean, yeah, the general idea is that it's going to smooth out the age issues around my eyes - but nothing on the box or the product itself really explains that.  Especially in regards to the Lash Serum. I'm only assuming it's supposed to thicken my lashes... That little irritation aside, I was excited to start using it :)

My first impression of the cream was that it made the skin around my eyes super soft...and that was pretty much it. But I didn't think it was going to magically transform my eyes or anything, so that was OK.  The lash serum...well, that just kinda irritated me. The applicator is horrible and it made my lashes feel stiff.  I didn't love it, but it wasn't horrible and I decided to give it more time.

A week after using the product, I'm finding that I'm more impressed with the results of the lash serum (shocking, since I really dislike using the product) than I am the eye cream. My lash line looks a bit thicker. Enough for me to notice. The cream, however, still continues to simply soften the skin without much else. And when I use it in the morning, my eye make-up doesn't go on correctly. I find myself only really wanting to use it at night for that reason.  But I'm continuing to use it twice a day, as recommended.  I'll be curious to see how I feel about it after a month.

Would I recommend the product? Gosh, that's hard. I'm not sure if the result is worth the money (I know Olay is a bit pricey.)  But at the same time, I would give this a try before doing anything drastic to reduce the appearance of lines.  But then, who knows - maybe at the end of the month, I'll look like I'm 21 again ;)

margo2322
Ok forget what i posted before. Since i recieved my olay. I have started to pamper myself again. I was getting to be very all about baby now i am starting to take care of me too. So thanks
Just wanted to share
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Noni2319
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I've been using the Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Eye Cream and Lash Serum for over a week now. I really like it. I've noticed that my eyes are smoother and brighter. My lashes are noticeable thicker and longer. I don't wear makeup often, but I when I put my mascara on over the serum I really liked the way my lashes looked. 

I've been applying the cream and serum twice a day. After one day I noticed my lashes looked a bit thicker. After 4 or 5 days I noticed that the area around eyes looked smoother. 

Vertical15

I like my hair, most days. My eyes are fine other then the dark circles I have to cover up to feel more confident. My body is a work in progress. I have never really been happy with it.

One days I work I put on makeup but lightly. I don't like the caked on look. I try to aim for fresh and natural. When I have off work I tend to just cover my eye circles and maybe some lip gloss.

I didn't really pay attention to the before with using the Duo. To be honest. I like how they look with mascara on but I get frustrated with mascara and it getting in the wrong spots! I do think the serum made them look thicker.

I was gone when the products came in the mail. I have been using them for a few days now. I don't really notice firmer skin but I didn't have loose skin to begin with.

I haven't gotten any comments, good or bad.

I am only 32 and while I joke about aging-I don't have concerns about how I look. I'm sure another 20 years will change that!

If you have concerns why wouldn't you try something affordable before going to extremes?

Hottmomma607
by Trica on May. 1, 2013 at 12:06 PM
I love to clean&scrub my face! I have enjoyed trying out Olay regenerist. Under my eyes have been firmer&my eyelashes have been thicker!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
k_hall1784
1 mom liked this

Thank you CM for giving me th chance to be an influencer! I just received the eye cream and lash serum and today is day one of my trying it. As far as pampering myself, I'm going to be honest and say that I don't unless you count getting a few hours of sleep at night. lol. Because of our busy schedules with three kids, it's difficult for me to get that time to pamper myself. 

KellyReedy

My pamper time is about 8:30 after babies are in bed and I can sit and veg on my computer and just do nothing. Only, after applying my Olay eye cream of course!!  I'm on week one. Still trying to get the nerve to post before pic!  EEK!

Kikesama

I wouldn't say that I get to pamper myself everyday. I generally try and make myself as presentable as time will allow me before heading off to school. I actually just painted my toe nails for the first time in months, somehow I magically found the time. I think being able to pamper yourself at least for a few minutes everyday is beneficial, such as something beauty related or ever as simple as reading a book. It would be nice if that idea wasn't so far fetched haha. 

Hatebottles

Cafe mom team the way i pamper myself is try self -to do books or brief demos on "how to's" by the engines of websites. Pamper was never an expensive problem because of my surroundings and breakaway neighborhoods.Men in my neighborhoods liked home bodies with home remedies or old fashion home pamper. If females worked then the men of  my friends or baby daddies that friends had would go or ask where is the skin,hair and  nails  is located. No one called stores where pampering is?They would wait outside  in the streets or by the neighborhood and as the pamper was over most of friends of guys and girls would say you got your 'hair done'.Hair and nails were not done unles someone worked. Men or boys liked without pamper. Feet was not done ever 2013 joined. In the salons a baby make you do feet  and  message up to half a leg has faded. The entire spa and whirlpool with longer time on legs has also faded in 1 state. Pamper was take kid with you to low cost salon. Sleep was for a kid when hair is updo  or creative style for occassion or there is another kid in the salon that magnets conversation starters. I never had to worry of any accidents or run outside  to find  while pampering. Playtime was insist you play my way or near mom till fall asleep. Kids listen and follow 2 playtime starters..Same gender seem 2 work cause its a mirror of them.Girls sleep or stay up and watch the people and follow if i move from out of eye site. Products for pamper is brand new start.  Olay never brought. Lashes i never tried to extend a lash with serum. If eyebrows is a pamper then kids never saw that. it looks painful and curious george would agrue or ask what is it  called or other kids would follow & say" what are they doing to you"  I'll update a picture of myself. if i get choosen for olay cream and lash serum duo ,I'll try i hope i dont get allergic.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN