Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

UPDATED WITH VIDEO: How do you find time to pamper yourself each day?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Eye Cream & Lash Serum Duo and asked them to share their experience. Watch  what some of our influencer moms are saying about their experience and then tell us how you find time to pamper yourself each day.

Be sure to click here to save 20%* on your first order at soap.com. 
Enter Code: CAFEMOM20

*Max discount $20. Expires 7/31/13. New Soap.com customers only. Offer cannot be combined with other new buyer offers, sales, and close-out items. Offer subject to change or cancellation. Excludes Clarisonic.

CafeMom recruited a large panel of our members, broadly representative of American Moms. Each panelist received one of 4 P&G products along with an experiential assignment suggesting ways to use it. We asked these panelists whether they agreed with this seal's claim, and awarded a seal if 75% or more of the panelists agreed with the claim and we received more than 250 responses. CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Replies (41-50):
leahbeah143

I wouldn't say that I pamper myself every day, but I do make sure that I wash my face and use Olay moisturizer with UVA/UVB protection in it. I'm really excited to try out this eye serum, though! I'm hoping maybe I'll see a difference in my dark circles!

3boysmommaNY
I am so excited to try this! Thank you!!

I don't ever pamper myself. I wear makeup to work, but that's only a couple days a week. I used to take much better care of myself, but since we had our 3rd boy I don't get much time to breath!! lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JTMOM422

I have been trying to find something different for myself. My hard color is pretty much black and lacks a real style. I cut off about 8 inches 3 months ago but still dont like it. I am hoping to find a style that is easy but flirty. My eyes seem older than I actually am. I am looking forward to my lashes looking fuller. I have to wear so much mascara to get them to stand out

MamaSnaps
1 mom liked this

I am not a young mom and my kids are mostly grown so pampering myself is something I try to do as much as I can lately. I am also concerned about aging and caring for my skin is a BIG deal to me.

Mornings start with my favorite coffee and creamer. Because of my medications it takes me a little while to get moving and during that time I try to enjoy every second of my coffee!
On days when time allows I have this awesome HUGE bath tub that I LOVE to soak in to relax. After each soak I always treat my feet to a good scrub, moisture and rub down. It doesn't happen every day, but just as many days as I can squeeze in there!!! 
Whether I get to soak in the bath or not caring for my face is a big part of my routine. Because of that I was excited to be chosen for this Influencer!!! I LOVE anything that will help me to keep my skin in top condition and keep age at bay!!!

The Olay Regenerist Micro Sculpting Eye Cream & Lash Serum duo was pretty easy to add to that routine. It did take a little modifying the current products I use but not hard at all. 
I discovered pretty quickly that it just wasn't for me. The Lash Serum messed with my eyelashes and made them look terrible when I put on mascara. Maybe I was expecting something wrong??? The brush in there is awful. It's like a porcupine and doesn't do a very good job of separating the lashes at all. I didn't have a lot of allergy problems with it as I had expected to-I am allergic to A LOT. I did have some glassy eye reactions and light irritation of my eyes, but it was more than bearable.
Maybe I already am doing an amazing job of taking care of my eyes in general or something? I just don't know. The eye serum did nothing for me. I even took pictures every day with and without makeup. Nope, nothing. Not something I'll be adding to my pampering routine. Overall? The product is a waste. I will stick to my current regime. 

blessed2times

I got a pedicure last month. That's the extent of me pampering myself lol I don't pamper myself daily. Maybe once a week, and that's just me taking time to fix up my hair and put on makeup. It's definitely not a daily thing though. I can't wait until the Olay cream comes in, I'll start making the effort :) my eyes definitely need it

vegepunkstr
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I dont pamper myself enough thats for sure. I am really bad at putting lotion on my face even so hopefully this will give me the kick start needed to get into a better routine.

EtA: So I have been using the cream and the serum for about 2 weeks now. I don't have many wrinkles to begin with so I honestly haven't seen a change while using this product. I'm sure it helps a little because at least my eye area is being moisturized. As for the eyelash serum I am not really a big fan. I do not see any difference in my eye lashes and it makes them feel heavy. If I apply it before my mascara my eyelashes become clumpy. Also after applying the cream and serum my eyes tend to burn a little. I usually like Olay products but I dont think I will be buying this one again.

vegepunkstr. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

lillucky8

first i want to say thank you to Cafemom, Olay and Soap.com for choosing me to be a part of this amazing influencer. i was sooo excited to be chosen and even more excited to be chosen for the video part, although i was nervous to record myself, i think it turned out okay. 

i usually dont find time daily to pamper myself. usually it's once in a while i'll get to go for a pedicure or to get my hair done. my daily pamper is usually a shower. with a two year old and eight month old im lucky to get a daily shower lol

here are the responses to the questions given for the influencer!

Describe how your lashes looked before and after using Olay Regenerist Lash Serum Duo.  Did it instantly thicken them? I have to say i didn't really notice a difference in my lashes before to after. i only did my left eye so i could compare a little easier. i didn't notice that they were thickened at all.

Describe any changes you saw after using the eye cream. How often did you apply the eye cream? Did you see firmer skin around the eyes? i didn't notice much of a change with the eye cream. i think maybe the crows feet area was a bit more smooth, but no major noticeable changes. i did read the box the product came in and it said noticeable differences after a week of use, so maybe if i had used the product for a longer period of time i would have noticed more changes. i applied the product one time for the video yesterday. i was nervous to try it ahead of time because i have sensitive skin so i wanted to be sure to have it filmed in case of any reactions. im happy to report no reactions!  

Share any compliments you received as it relates to any of the following (great eyelashes, less wrinkles, look younger, softer looking lines, firmer lids, etc.) i didn't receive any compliments. my dh was mostly focused on recording me with the new fancy camera lol

Tell us how concerned you are about aging and wrinkles at your age? Share your age if desired. I am 27 and have two small children as i said before, so to be completely honest, i dont really have time to stare at my face and look at wrinkles, haha. right now it's just not something i usually have time to think about. i think this product would be a great way to prevent the lines and wrinkles i dont want for the future.

Tell us how the Olay regimen fits into your busy routine. I think the olay regimen would fit into my routine just fine. it wouldn't be something i would have time for in the mornings, but i could certainly do it at night time before bed. it only took a few seconds to apply.

Would you recommend Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Eye Cream & Lash Serum Duo to other moms? I think olay is a great brand, but im unsure if i could recommend this product as i didn't use it for a long enough period of time per the box to have the results it promises. i would say that i wouldn't not recommend someone else try it. but i can't give raving reviews as to how well it worked after only using it one time. I think maybe if given more time for the review i could have used the product for a few days to a week and then given a review. maybe in future influencers that could be a fourth video, giving a review after a week of use as that is what the product recommends.

Would you be willing to buy household products from Soap.com in the future? i would be willing to buy products from soap.com, i was browsing their website after i received my package and have a few things i may purchase. i prefer to purchase things online rather than in store because it is quite a circus to bring two small kiddos to a store lol

janessa27

Thank you very much for the opportunity to try and review this product! Right now my pampering is getting a pedicure as often as possible...especially since I can't ben over very easily to paint my toe nails or even put lotion on! Very excited to try this product!:)

pregnancy week by week
bether89

I am excited to part of this influencer.  I don't pamper myself very often.  I am so busy with my family that I don't take time to take care of myself the way I should.

Update:  I have been using the Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Eye Cream & Lash Serum Duo for 13 days now.  I have enjoyed taking the few minutes twice a day to take care of myself.  The Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Eye Cream makes the skin around my eyes  feel softer.  I am 42, so I am starting to little wrinkles that I didn't use to have.  Dh thinks that my eyes look smoother than before I started.  I like the Lash Serum.  It makes my eyelashes look fuller. 

Peregrine

I pamper myself with a massage at the spa every other month.  It really makes me feel great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)