Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Simple and very true.

by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Replies (11-13):
Hockeymom119
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Hey all , I just read previous posts I may have posted in the wrong room and I apologize if I did I am new at this.. Dee
Crazylife1994
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Being seperated for 6 yrs is a long time and as long as there is absolutly no chance of fixing the marriage than no you have nothing to feel guilty about.

My suggestion would be to contact legal aid. I most cases you can get help for free to file for divorce. I would put 20 or so away everytime you get money to pay for the divorce. if he is willing to sign the papers then it should be a couple hundred to finalize it completely. If not then you can petition the court for him to pay all legal fees once the finalization is over. All that you would have to come up with is the money to file which normally is around 30 to 50 dollars.

If you would like to PM me your email I can send you a few links that can help with your finaces without messing with your disability. 

Quoting Hockeymom119:

Well, I am Darlene just returned to Cafe Mom because my life turned upside down.. been Married 10 yrs to a chronic relapsing alcoholic. been separated from him 6 yrs of those 10, in the end he was living alone trying to get back with me but cheating all along. I never looked for another man to infuse in my life he and I have a 9 yr old son who lives with me and I have a 17 yr old daughter from my first marriage she also lives with me and I get no support from either dad. about a year ago an old boyfriend from 24 yrs ago found me on FB and I went to visit him in NYC never expecting in a few months of I guess dating to fall in love with him. My x-husband who I am still married to but separated 6 yrs is furious!!! says "we are still married!!!" I dont believe he has the right after what he did which is kind of in appropriate to say here lets just say his girlfriends werent "free" if you get my drift... I am a single mom  just had 8 rods & pins put in my back 15 months ago from slipped disks.. I cant afford a divorce I can barely run this household in what disability gives me.  basically  should I feel guilty for this?? I dont think so... I am just so lost on what to do.. thanks for listening any advice would be taken.. thank you & God Bless ....Deeslapping forehead

ncohetero
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:14 PM
So true
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN