Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Unorganized

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:30 PM
  • 20 Replies

I know i have many things i have to do in a day, but sometimes i do not know what to do first or else i just procrastinate. what i need to know is, is there someone out there that actually goes by an hourly planner each day? i know i have to do my prayer journal first thing in the morning and i know sometime in the day i have to exercise and then sometimes i have appointments to do and then we have our errands and housekeeping to do. sometimes i do not know when to do what and i need to stop procrastinating. i realize this is a big thing to help me with, but if i do not get help, i might not get the most important things done. anyone out there want to be a good friend and help me in this problem i have. good luck

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuckyMom822
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:53 PM

I use an hourly planner at work and to remind me of personal events I have later that day. I also jot down items I have to pick up on my way home from work because I ALWAYS forget things like that. As far as housekeeping, I do one thing a day. Dust one evening, vacuum the next, clean bathrooms the third, one load of laundry everyday. That helps me from getting overloaded. The house also gets picked up every night before I go to bed. I slacked this past week and didnt get anything done and now I regret it. It has piled up.

Cindy18
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I don't use an hourly planner but I do make lists.

wingsfan1234
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:43 PM

I need ideas too... you sound like you just posted my life!!  

NewMom11222011
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:28 PM

My uber-organized friend swears by an oldie, but goodie, Survival for Busy Women, by Emilie Barnes.  It's written from a Christian perspective.  I'm getting organized a little at a time but no expert by any means!

childofGod995
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:40 PM

do you ever allow your dishes to back up or do you ever have time for exercise.?

whatmynameagain
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:08 PM
.I have to one if those desk calabders and write everything for the day: spots, dinner for the day, time ill exercise, which room/day cleaning task im doing if I don't write it ill get overwhelmed and nothing gets done. I also try ti get up one hour before my kids to exercise it helps me keep my thoughts clearer.one thing too I do one wash load/ and dishes every night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazylife1994
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I'm insane enough to get up 1 1/2 before my husband or kids. That is when I workout and get my shower in for the day. I go by an hourly planner for everything but I homeschool and run 3 businesses with my husband. I would be completely lost without my planner.

Exercise can be done through out the day in 2 or 3 min spurts. Make lists of what needs to be done and then prioritize each items. Break-up deep cleaning to one or 2 items a day.

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Set up a schedule for things to get done.... I LOVE google calendar... it actually sends reminders to my phone (which is glued to my side at all times) reminding me of what's coming up and what has to be done. 

2inblue
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Lists need to be your best friend. Grocery list, to-do list, errand list, etc.... Also, try to work out 3 times a week but never on your busiest day. for example... Monday's and Friday's are my busiest days. This Monday I will actually go work out but only because i was out of town all weekend. Working out gives u alot of energy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
childofGod995
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:37 PM

I actually signed up for a google calendar-i just have not put anything on it yet . i usually use my pocket calendar. i could use both. i made a list today of all the things i have to do in the near future and i came up with quite a bit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN