Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Easter Baskets

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:11 PM
  • 13 Replies

Any of you ladies make easter baskets for your little ones?  If so, do you have any reccomendations on where to shop to put together a cute easter basket that won't break the budget?

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2kids19yrsapart
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:16 PM

I usually do.  I go to Walmart, and go down their Easter aisle.  They usually have a bunch of small gifts for $1- $2.  I buy just a couple of things of candy, and only the ones that are individually wrapped, so I can open the package and arrange them.  I think the most expensive thing I have this year is sidewalk chalk, 36 pieces for $2.97.  I will take a pic of what we have so far, to kinda show you what I am doing.

billssweety
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:18 PM

We always get the kids a swimsuite & beach towel, we figured it kills 2 birds with 1 stone, they will need a new suite because they will have outgrown last year and you can get neat towels for about $10.  Then we had hair or make-up stuff, cars and side walk chalk, etc.  We buy a lot at the dollar tree or 99 cent store.  We usually include very little candy.

billssweety
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Oh and now that are kids are older (we started at about age 7-8) we do a scavenmger hunt for them to find their baskets.

2kids19yrsapart
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:42 PM

This is sidewalk chalk, pony tail holders with ribbons on them, 2 packages of chocolate bunnies, pink Princess egg with Skittles inside, bunny notepad with pen, Easter stickers, chocolate coins, Easter puzzle, pink butterfly wand, big chocolate bunny, and a bunny game.  Not included is the .97cent pink bucket I got to put everything in.  With everything I have here, plus the bucket, I spent around $13 total. 

My dd just turned 6.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:02 PM
So far I got him a jump rope, chalk, bubbles, and an easter snow globe. I still want to him a basketball pump. I've spent $4 so far.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hollinicole
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:06 PM
DD is 6 and I got the things for her basket today. Jelly bean eggs, flip flops that light up, sunglasses, neon colors and draw pad, and a DVD. I might get her a new pair of ear right if I find some I like.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mgkronenbitter
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:05 AM

My mom got my 2 year old everything for 15 dollars or less from target out of the $1.00 bins for her Easter Basket, I am also using Dollar Tree and Michael's Crafts because they have the dollar bins too!

oOoLeilanioOo
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:14 AM

We have been using the same basket every year from the first Easter. This year we updated the basket liner, got a few things from pottery barn kids and a few things from target. 

Her first Easter:

The updated liner for this year:

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

This looks like what I did for my two, and then I'd arrange it all in their little baskets and wrap it in one of those basket bags, securing the top with one of those 97c bendy bunnies. The bendy bunny became a tradition they looked forward to every year. :)

Quoting 2kids19yrsapart:

This is sidewalk chalk, pony tail holders with ribbons on them, 2 packages of chocolate bunnies, pink Princess egg with Skittles inside, bunny notepad with pen, Easter stickers, chocolate coins, Easter puzzle, pink butterfly wand, big chocolate bunny, and a bunny game.  Not included is the .97cent pink bucket I got to put everything in.  With everything I have here, plus the bucket, I spent around $13 total. 

My dd just turned 6.

alisheamonet33
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:09 PM

thats a cute basket

Quoting oOoLeilanioOo:

We have been using the same basket every year from the first Easter. This year we updated the basket liner, got a few things from pottery barn kids and a few things from target. 

Her first Easter:

The updated liner for this year:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)