Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

complaining husband

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
so.... I've been a sahm for a few years. the last three years, I've begun working part time, flexible jobs to bring in some extra income.

money has been ok but there is always something we need to buy for our son or the house. Lately, my husband has been doing a ton of complaining. he says there is never any money for him to spend on himself. he wants a new watch, a gun, etc.

I can understand his point, somewhat, but I don't feel

he goes "without" .... I'm getting tired of the complaining. it's starting to hurt my feelings and make me feel guilty. Just wondering what you ladies think.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:58 AM
2 moms liked this
I would tell him to get a 2nd part time job. Or have him save a few bucks a week. I am sure there is something he can cut out to save something.
nurse1997
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

TELL HIM YOU WILL JUMP TO GO PICK SOME MONEY OFF YOUR  MONEY TREE IN THE BACK YARD  HE'LL  CATCH THE DRIFT LOL !!!!!!

Caitlin10081989
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Try to save a little extra money so down the road he will be able to buy something for himself. As adults though we are not able to buy ourselves things when we have to buy things for our children or things that are needed for our daily living. 

2kids19yrsapart
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:24 PM

My hubby is on disability, and that is our only income.  I take care of all the bills, shopping, etc. I try to give my hubby an "allowance" each month for anything me may like (usually around $25-30).  If he doesn't spend it, he still has it for the next month.  I do buy hubby things, in addition to buying our 6 yr old things too, and he is usually satisfied with that.  He does complain some months, but he understands that we have bills that come first, and I do save some extra money for him, so he usually stops complaining fast.

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Well maybe hubby should start looking for extra work?.Or you find fulltime employment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMoopsie
by New Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:28 AM

How much do you get to spend on yourself? If you're getting to spend extra on yourself, then yes, I can see his issue. If not, then good grief tell him to grow up. It's rough not being able to buy those nicer things for ourselves, especially when you work hard to make all that money that seems to be gone before you even get it. Ultimately, though, the family comes first and he needs to stop complaining about not getting enough for himself.

childofGod995
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:58 AM

tell him what it is that he "wants" is unnecessary at the time if that is the matter.however, i am sure that you have "wants" also so let him know he can not get what he wants if you can't. remember, "needs" are the important thing to prevent ever getting into a financial bind. do not let what he says hurt your feelings or make you feel guilty. you are just doing the best you can to take care of your family.

BL2010
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Tell him to grow up and start acting like an adult. If he wants more toys tell him to get another part-time job to help pay for them. What about things that you may want?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Lol sounds like mine sometimes! I have a part time with tips so any $5 bill i get goes in a secret box. It's how we paid for a small vacation. Next on the list, he wants a gun. He still complains cuz he wants it now, but i try to assure him it won't take long to save!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Tell him you're doing the best you can but what he wants has to get put on the back burner so you guys can get what you need. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)