Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to gift a new mom at the hospital besides baby clothes?

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:18 PM
  • 48 Replies
Hi! My SIL just had her 1st baby girl and I want bring her a gift to the hospital. I usually get baby clothes but she already has a lot. Any ideas? Did you get anything besides clothes?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Diapers are always welcome. I buy a larger size outfit. Like 3 to 6 months summer outfit. If the baby is big 6 to 9 month outfit for summer. I got too many newborn and 0 to 3 months stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shamroc374
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:23 PM
5 moms liked this
Buy something for her instead of for the baby. A nursing top, lotion, or something to make her life easier or help her relax.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mgkronenbitter
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:42 PM
3 moms liked this

A  nice pair of slipper or a robe is a good thing to get!

MrsWhite101610
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:43 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd make a small basket of stuff for her. Nipple cream if she's going to breast feed, a robe, slippers, a book, maybe a candle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Something for her would be great. As stated, a nursing top, or just a comfy cute outfit to have at home. She won't be able to fit back into her regular clothes yet, won't want to wear maternity, and will have people stopping by and will want to look halfway descent. My sister bought me something cute to wear with each new baby. Just cotton pants and a tank or something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:18 PM
A gift card to her favorite clothes store, buying those first post baby clothes are hard ( I wore my maternity for six months after I had my son cuz I was lazy, and more important, broke)
Cafe Robin
by Head Admin on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:54 PM
I usually give baby toys - like teething toys and rattles. Even if they have other kids, it's good for the new baby to have clean, new toys.
lovegrandbaby
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I received a disposable camera, for those unexpected photo opportunities and a nice gift basket of lotions, body  butter, note cards, small box with baby's name engraved (if you know the name ahead of time) - I knew I was having a girl and had her name all picked out.  The box was so i could put her little bracelet and any other momentos in it for her.

AEW
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:31 PM

ANYTHING for 3-6, or 6-9 months. They will need these things and be like ummmmmmm.....

AEW
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:39 PM
2 moms liked this

ohhhhhh and chocoloate...or ice cream. Anything she can't get there. :) I was begging people to bring me chinese!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)