Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

So scared for my baby

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:32 PM
  • 13 Replies
about two weeks ago my son ended up sick with a fever for a week. My other kids got it last week. I thought that was the end but saturday he started feeling feverish again. He also had a boil on his leg. By sunday he temp. was up to 105 so i brought him to the ER. They drained the boil and cultured it and sent him home with antibiotics. They also did a blood test to make sure he wasnt septic. His white blood cell was on the high end,but still in normal range. By monday he was pretty much better...until yestersay. The fever returned. This morning the fever was gone but he threw up once. Around 4:00 he went to lay in my bed. I kept checking on him and at 8:00 i woke him to go to the bathroom and go to his bed and he fell right back to sleep. Im so scared im going to lose him, someone with any advice please help.

Also the dr. Called today and said it came back negative for MRSA. They did a complete blood count on him at the hospital so wouldnt it show something if something was wrong? If anyone knows how to interpret the results please PM me. He had some highs and lows that the hospital didnt tell me what they meant.

~Melissa~Wife to Jarrod~Mommy to Nathan, Kristina, Tyler, and Ryan~

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nathans_mom0612
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:10 PM

BUMP!

Nathans_mom0612
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:34 PM

BUMP!

annabellelee
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:09 PM
If he's that lethargic, you should probably take him back to the hospital. I'm so sorry, hope he feels better soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I wish I knew the answer.Hope you get one soon.Hugs!

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:36 PM
I hope he gets better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nathans_mom0612
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Quoting momofsixangels:

I wish I knew the answer.Hope you get one soon.Hugs!

Thanks. I talked to the dr. and they think its just another (different than from sunday) viral infection. *sigh* it seems these germs will not leave my family alone this year. My mom is coming to stay with me tomorrow to help with all the kidsand keep my mind busy while hubby works.

Mommy2AlexAraya
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I hope he gets better soon! You can always bring him back to the er. Also, if you ever have questions about the results ask! They will explain it but only if you ask them to.

Nathans_mom0612
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Quoting Mommy2AlexAraya:

I hope he gets better soon! You can always bring him back to the er. Also, if you ever have questions about the results ask! They will explain it but only if you ask them to.

Thanks. Tonight is kinda hard to get to the er. I have 3 other little ones and im home all by myself and my closest family is an hour away. If it was a true emergency i would, but i called the on call and they think its just a virus. I just hate seeing my kids get sick over and over.

Mommy2AlexAraya
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:53 PM

I know how it is. My dd is only 5 and she has had pneumonia 7 times, the first being when she was just 4 months old. It's scary when our little ones are that sick. Just make sure he is staying hydrated. Even if he isn't eating as long as he is drinking, he will be ok.

Quoting Nathans_mom0612:

Quoting Mommy2AlexAraya:

Thanks. Tonight is kinda hard to get to the er. I have 3 other little ones and im home all by myself and my closest family is an hour away. If it was a true emergency i would, but i called the on call and they think its just a virus. I just hate seeing my kids get sick over and over.

Nathans_mom0612
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Quoting Mommy2AlexAraya:

Oh my. That is very scary. Mine is 5 too and this is the first year he has really been sick(i blame kindergarten).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN