Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

**update** my boys surgery went well

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:23 AM
  • 48 Replies
2 moms liked this
My boys surgery went well I'm proud of how well they did my 3yr old was screaming a bit but only because when he woke up he was confused and scared of where he was but they let me in the recovery room and he was fine he also ripped his IV out when he did freak out but they were able to get me to give him morphine orally. My 4yr old woke up feeling fine he also didn't rip his IV out so the morphine helped him stay calm and relaxed although he did seem eager to move around shortly after. My 3 yr old came around pretty fast sitting up chatting and eating Popsicles my 4yr old just wanted to relax and drink ginger ale. My 4yr old just gets very upset when he sees the blood so when we change his gauze and looking at it so we get him to cover his eyes so it doesn't bother him. My 3 yr old says it hurts a little when we change it but he also doesn't look. It does hurt when they pee when they get urine on the gauze and then of course change it. Their doing well though we're trying to get them to not move around as much just don't want them to hurt themselves and make it worse but my boys just seem to wanna go lol glad to see that this isn't slowing them down and their doing well though. And I appreciate all the info and your guys input pros and cons.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sirkokobean
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I'm happy it went well, be glad it was done now, while they are still young,  They will not really remember it in a few years.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:13 AM
What surgery?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Her boys got circumcised.

Quoting marchantmom06:

What surgery?

VanessaCB
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:47 AM
I missed that post. Why did they need to be circumcised?
VanessaCB
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Nevermind. I found and remember that post now. You were prematurely retracting their foreskins under the horrible advice of doctors who were clueless about intact care and now you performed unnecessary cosmetic surgery on them because of the damage caused by that premature retraction. Sad all around. Your sons are only 3 and 4 and at that age their foreskin should still be fused to the glans so you were basically forcing it back much like pulling back your fingernal from your finger.  Even if wasn't at that young age, pushing back the foreskin is completely unnecessary especially if it was causing them pain and discomfort.  Your doctors failed you, sorry.  My son is 4 and a half and I have never pulled back his foreskin,  not even a tiny bit. Never had a problem, no UTI, absolutely nothing.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:13 PM
There's one in every crowd

Quoting VanessaCB:

Nevermind. I found and remember that post now. You were prematurely retracting their foreskins under the horrible advice of doctors who were clueless about intact care and now you performed unnecessary cosmetic surgery on them because of the damage caused by that premature retraction. Sad all around. Your sons are only 3 and 4 and at that age their foreskin should still be fused to the glans so you were basically forcing it back much like pulling back your fingernal from your finger.  Even if wasn't at that young age, pushing back the foreskin is completely unnecessary especially if it was causing them pain and discomfort.  Your doctors failed you, sorry.  My son is 4 and a half and I have never pulled back his foreskin,  not even a tiny bit. Never had a problem, no UTI, absolutely nothing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenniferP96
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:23 PM
And you are have your MD is pediatric urology right? I'm so sick of all you moms who read a couple of articles & think you know more than people who went to school for a decade plus all the years they have been in practice. Stop trying to make moms that listen to educated professionals feel like crap! If you are so almighty smarter than doctors then don't use them. In fact, that goes for all areas where people that give the advice are highly educated, like teachers, lawyers, banking, fire fighters, police, etc., but don't expect to have those people save you and your kids when you screw up and your lives and finances depend on it. That includes going on PA!

Quoting VanessaCB:Nevermind. I found and remember that post now. You were prematurely retracting their foreskins under the horrible advice of doctors who were clueless about intact care and now you performed unnecessary cosmetic surgery on them because of the damage caused by that premature retraction. Sad all around. Your sons are only 3 and 4 and at that age their foreskin should still be fused to the glans so you were basically forcing it back much like pulling back your fingernal from your finger.  Even if wasn't at that young age, pushing back the foreskin is completely unnecessary especially if it was causing them pain and discomfort.  Your doctors failed you, sorry.  My son is 4 and a half and I have never pulled back his foreskin,  not even a tiny bit. Never had a problem, no UTI, absolutely nothing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VanessaCB
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Oh goodness gracious. Sorry to inform you of this but doctors do NOT know everything. YES, in fact, in regard to this issue I do know more than some doctors especially American doctors who are unfamiliar with a natural penis and it's care. American doctors have caused more damage by telling parents to prematurely retract their son's foreskin to clean under it.  I don't have an MD in pediatric urology but there are countless doctors around the world who do and they know not to advise parents to retract their son's foreskin. They would know more about an intact penis since in those other countries and nations around the world where they don't routinely cut off parts of an infant's genitals.  Did you not know that recently about 40 medical professional from around the world got together and released a comment statement renouncing the American Academy of Pediatrics recent pro-circ statement? American doctors are a joke when it comes to this issue and you are a fool if you believe everything they say just because they are "doctors'.  Did you even read her original posts? Do you have intact sons? Did you know that you were not supposed to prematurely retract their foreskins? Did you not read the part where she said she was pulling back their foreskins because she was doing what the doctors told her to do and it was causing them pain and problems? That is a RED alert right there that their foreskins were not ready to be retracted. It can take up till puberty and beyond for the foreskin to retract on it's own. My own brother and cousing had to be cut at 2 yrs old for the same reason. They were being retracted under the bad advise of a doctors. Did I say I won't listen to doctors, or I am smarter than them, or teachers, lawyers, bankers, etc.?? NO they are highly valuable members of society but the point is they are still human and make mistake. Do you just listen to what doctors tell you without researching yourself to make sure they are right? Ever heard of second opinions?

Quoting JenniferP96:

And you are have your MD is pediatric urology right? I'm so sick of all you moms who read a couple of articles & think you know more than people who went to school for a decade plus all the years they have been in practice. Stop trying to make moms that listen to educated professionals feel like crap! If you are so almighty smarter than doctors then don't use them. In fact, that goes for all areas where people that give the advice are highly educated, like teachers, lawyers, banking, fire fighters, police, etc., but don't expect to have those people save you and your kids when you screw up and your lives and finances depend on it. That includes going on PA!

Quoting VanessaCB:Nevermind. I found and remember that post now. You were prematurely retracting their foreskins under the horrible advice of doctors who were clueless about intact care and now you performed unnecessary cosmetic surgery on them because of the damage caused by that premature retraction. Sad all around. Your sons are only 3 and 4 and at that age their foreskin should still be fused to the glans so you were basically forcing it back much like pulling back your fingernal from your finger.  Even if wasn't at that young age, pushing back the foreskin is completely unnecessary especially if it was causing them pain and discomfort.  Your doctors failed you, sorry.  My son is 4 and a half and I have never pulled back his foreskin,  not even a tiny bit. Never had a problem, no UTI, absolutely nothing.

VanessaCB
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:23 PM

You mean an educated one in every crowd.

Quoting marchantmom06:

There's one in every crowd

Quoting VanessaCB:

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Just like Dr's don't know everything people like you who push their beliefs on others.... Get off your soap box and let OP do what she deamed neccessary for her boys. 

Quoting VanessaCB:

Oh goodness gracious. Sorry to inform you of this but doctors do NOT know everything. YES, in fact, in regard to this issue I do know more than some doctors especially American doctors who are unfamiliar with a natural penis and it's care. American doctors have caused more damage by telling parents to prematurely retract their son's foreskin to clean under it.  I don't have an MD in pediatric urology but there are countless doctors around the world who do and they know not to advise parents to retract their son's foreskin. They would know more about an intact penis since in those other countries and nations around the world where they don't routinely cut off parts of an infant's genitals.  Did you not know that recently about 40 medical professional from around the world got together and released a comment statement renouncing the American Academy of Pediatrics recent pro-circ statement? American doctors are a joke when it comes to this issue and you are a fool if you believe everything they say just because they are "doctors'.  Did you even read her original posts? Do you have intact sons? Did you know that you were not supposed to prematurely retract their foreskins? Did you not read the part where she said she was pulling back their foreskins because she was doing what the doctors told her to do and it was causing them pain and problems? That is a RED alert right there that their foreskins were not ready to be retracted. It can take up till puberty and beyond for the foreskin to retract on it's own. My own brother and cousing had to be cut at 2 yrs old for the same reason. They were being retracted under the bad advise of a doctors. Did I say I won't listen to doctors, or I am smarter than them, or teachers, lawyers, bankers, etc.?? NO they are highly valuable members of society but the point is they are still human and make mistake. Do you just listen to what doctors tell you without researching yourself to make sure they are right? Ever heard of second opinions?

Quoting JenniferP96:

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN