Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

um i thought the question was....

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:12 PM
  • 59 Replies
1 mom liked this

"anyone on here not on welfare or foodstamps? please SHARE how you got out of your situation and moved on up like george jefferson."

DID OCCUR TO ANY OF YOU THAT SHE IS TRYING TO GET OFF OF "THE GRAVY TRAIN" !

THOUGH THER ARE ALOT OF PEOPELE WHO SCREW THE SYSTEM NOT EVERYONE WHO NEEDS ASSISTSANCE DOES!

THAT BEING SAID, HERE'S MY QUESTION, WHAT MAKES IT ANY DIFFERENT FROM THOSE IN WHICH RECEIVE ABSURD AMOUNTS OF ALIMONY AND CHILD SUPPORT?! THAT IT'S LEAGAL?!

NO ONE WANTS THEIR MARRIAGE TO COME TO AND END BUT WOULD YOU MAKE YOUR PARENTS PAY YOUR RENT WHEN YOU MOVED OUT OF THEIR HOUSE? MOVE ON FROM EACH OTHER!  IF YOU WANT TO FIGHT FOR THE HOUSE THEN YOU SHOULD PAY THE MORGAGE, UTILITIES, ETC.! NOT YOUR EX-SPOUSE! ALIMONY LAWS SHOULD BE ABOLISHED!

DOES ANY CHILD ON THIS PLANET NEED $300 WORTH OF TOYS AND CLOTHES EVERY MONTH, 12 MONTHS A YEAR?! CHILD SUPPORT SHOULD BE STRICTLY FOR THE CHILD NOT TO PAY FOR YOUR RENT, UTILITIES, DRUG AND ALCOHOL HABITS, ETC. EITHER! IT SHOULD BE PUT IN AN ACCOUNT AND WHAT ISN'T USED SHOULD GO TOWARDS A COLLEGE FUND! AND IT SHOULD BE PROVED THAT IT IS BEING SPENT ON THE CHILD JUST LIKE HOW WELFARE RECIPENTS HAVE TO SHOW HOW MUCH IS SPENT ON GAS, TOLIETRIES AND BILLS!

QUITE FRANKLY WE WOULD HAVE ALOT LESS "ABSCENTEE/DEADBEAT" PARENTS OR DISTRAUGHT TEENAGERS WAUNDERING THIS COUNTRY WONDERING WHY THEIR PARENT DOESN'T LOVE THEM OR COME AROUND IF CHILDSUPPORT WAS SPLIT DOWN THE MIDDLE! BOTH BUY CLOTHES, PROVIDE FOR DAYCARE, ETC.! WHY SHOULD THE PARENT THAT DOESN'T HAVE CUSTODY HAVE TO PAY FOR ALL THE SUPPORT?! WHERE'S THE SHARE THAT COMES FROM THE PARENT WITH CUSTODY?

ALL YOU ARE DOING IS GETTING FINACIAL REVENGE FROM YOUR EX AND IN THE MEAN TIME THE KIDS ARE CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF IT! DESPITE HOW MUCH YOU HATE YOUR EX AND WERE HURT, YOU ARE HURTING YOUR KIDS TEN TIMES MORE AND YOU KNOW IT!

THIS COUNTRY NEEDS A SERIOUS REAVALUATION OF THESE LAWS TOO!

P.S. MY DAUGHTER IS FROM A FORMER MARRIAGE. MY EX AND I BOTH WAIVED OUR CHILD SUPPORT AND ALIMONY RIGHTS TO HAVE SHARED CUSTODY OF OUR DAUGHTER. WE BOTH PROVIDE FOR HER. THOUGH I MAY HATE WHAT CAME OF OUR MARRIAGE WE PUT OUR CHILD FIRST! MAYBE ALOT MOR PARENTS SHOULD TAKE THE PARENTING VIDEO THEY ARE REQUIRED TO WATCH WHEN GETTING A DIVORCE MORE SERIOUSLY!

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nurse1997
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Why are you so pissed ? im totally against welfare and never have been on it but  welfare and child support are not even close  to being the same welfare is paid by the goverment  and yes i have a problem with it i dont want to pay for any one elses kid but my own -  Child support  i think should be fair but do i think child support should be paid yes lets be real mortage, food, clothes,  all the extras that come along add up and $300 or $400 helps with raising the children  - I think you should step back and chill not all parnets that are divorced are looking for revenge and dont use their kids for pawns some thing had to of happened to you because your way to pissed Im not divorced or never have been my husband supports his children just like i do  !!!

starr377
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:55 PM

i am being real! like i said you want to fight for the house then YOU pay for it! like people who complain about welfare recipents should work 2 or 3 jobs well then so should someone who gets a divorce if they feel they should have it all! child support should be split down the middle!

a divorcee who recieves absurd amounts of alimony and child support is no less a leech on their ex-spouse than those who are on the welfare system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Welfare system is paid by taxpayers. Divorces are couples issues, not the govt.

Quoting starr377:

i am being real! like i said you want to fight for the house then YOU pay for it! like people who complain about welfare recipents should work 2 or 3 jobs well then so should someone who gets a divorce if they feel they should have it all! child support should be split down the middle!

a divorcee who recieves absurd amounts of alimony and child support is no less a leech on their ex-spouse than those who are on the welfare system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

starr377
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:26 AM

still one in the same, a leech is a leech! the only difference is that it's legal.  whether by taxspayers or not they're sucking someone elses wallet dry instead of filling their own!

a divorce should mean exactly that and you go your own way!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this
What if you stayed home and raised kids for 20 years, while the husband worked 80 hours a week. Sorry, but you should get alimony in that case. It is not sucking someones wallet dry. It is personal and does not suck taxpayers dry while people sit on their butt. Alimony and welfare are apples and oranges.

Quoting starr377:

still one in the same, a leech is a leech! the only difference is that it's legal.  whether by taxspayers or not they're sucking someone elses wallet dry instead of filling their own!

a divorce should mean exactly that and you go your own way!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Not now, never have been.
grannie_kel
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Quoting starr377:

"anyone on here not on welfare or foodstamps? please SHARE how you got out of your situation and moved on up like george jefferson."

DID OCCUR TO ANY OF YOU THAT SHE IS TRYING TO GET OFF OF "THE GRAVY TRAIN" !

THOUGH THER ARE ALOT OF PEOPELE WHO SCREW THE SYSTEM NOT EVERYONE WHO NEEDS ASSISTSANCE DOES!  No, but probably the majority. 

THAT BEING SAID, HERE'S MY QUESTION, WHAT MAKES IT ANY DIFFERENT FROM THOSE IN WHICH RECEIVE ABSURD AMOUNTS OF ALIMONY AND CHILD SUPPORT?! THAT IT'S LEAGAL?!  Are you for real?  They are not even close to the same thing.  Welfare is making everyone else pay for the choices made by others that have nothing at all to do with them.  Alimony/child support is for individuals to help provide for the choices they themselves made.  Also, I know of quite a few people who are both giving and receiving child support and it is by no means an absurd amount.  Perhaps celebrities seem to pay absurd amounts but not when you take into consideration the absurd amount of money they make.  There really aren't that many people who receive alimony, usually just child support, but if alimony can be received, it should be.  

NO ONE WANTS THEIR MARRIAGE TO COME TO AND END BUT WOULD YOU MAKE YOUR PARENTS PAY YOUR RENT WHEN YOU MOVED OUT OF THEIR HOUSE? MOVE ON FROM EACH OTHER!  IF YOU WANT TO FIGHT FOR THE HOUSE THEN YOU SHOULD PAY THE MORGAGE, UTILITIES, ETC.! NOT YOUR EX-SPOUSE! ALIMONY LAWS SHOULD BE ABOLISHED!  Why would you think that having your parents pay your rent is even a comparison?

DOES ANY CHILD ON THIS PLANET NEED $300 WORTH OF TOYS AND CLOTHES EVERY MONTH, 12 MONTHS A YEAR?! CHILD SUPPORT SHOULD BE STRICTLY FOR THE CHILD NOT TO PAY FOR YOUR RENT, UTILITIES, DRUG AND ALCOHOL HABITS, ETC. EITHER! IT SHOULD BE PUT IN AN ACCOUNT AND WHAT ISN'T USED SHOULD GO TOWARDS A COLLEGE FUND! AND IT SHOULD BE PROVED THAT IT IS BEING SPENT ON THE CHILD JUST LIKE HOW WELFARE RECIPENTS HAVE TO SHOW HOW MUCH IS SPENT ON GAS, TOLIETRIES AND BILLS!  Of course child support should be used for rent, utilities, etc.  The child needs a roof over their head, electricity, food to eat, daycare if the custodial parent works.  These are things that all cost money.  If the custodial parent has 2 or 3 (or more) kids, they need a bigger place to live than the noncustodial parent.  You think a 3 to 4 bedroom place costs the same as a 1 or 2?  Can you feed 4 to 5 people for the same amount as 1?  Most peoople I know that are receiving child support get maybe about 1/2 of what it takes per month for daycare alone, a few lucky ones get a little more, but the custodial parent is not coming out ahead at the end of the month by any means.  Do welfare recipents have to prove how much is spent on gas, toiletries and bills?  Is this every month?  Can you explain how this is done because I have never heard of such.   

QUITE FRANKLY WE WOULD HAVE ALOT LESS "ABSCENTEE/DEADBEAT" PARENTS OR DISTRAUGHT TEENAGERS WAUNDERING THIS COUNTRY WONDERING WHY THEIR PARENT DOESN'T LOVE THEM OR COME AROUND IF CHILDSUPPORT WAS SPLIT DOWN THE MIDDLE! BOTH BUY CLOTHES, PROVIDE FOR DAYCARE, ETC.! WHY SHOULD THE PARENT THAT DOESN'T HAVE CUSTODY HAVE TO PAY FOR ALL THE SUPPORT?! WHERE'S THE SHARE THAT COMES FROM THE PARENT WITH CUSTODY?  If child support was split down the middle, the noncustodial parent would be paying a whole lot more and the custodial parent would be much better financially (other than perhaps the above mentioned celebrity cases, but really, how many of them do you know?)  We would have a lot less absentee/deadbeat parents if people would grow up themselves before they start having children.  The noncustodial parent rarely pays all the support, in fact just the opposite, they pay very little of it.  Child support is not just about clothes or daycare, the kids also need a place to live (see above answer pertaining to this)

ALL YOU ARE DOING IS GETTING FINACIAL REVENGE FROM YOUR EX AND IN THE MEAN TIME THE KIDS ARE CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF IT! DESPITE HOW MUCH YOU HATE YOUR EX AND WERE HURT, YOU ARE HURTING YOUR KIDS TEN TIMES MORE AND YOU KNOW IT!  Yes, children are hurt in the case of a breakup and caught in the middle, but expecting enough child support to aide in providing for those children has nothing to do with revenge (although I will admit, some people like the revenge aspect that comes with it).  Revenge or not, the children deserve the support. 

THIS COUNTRY NEEDS A SERIOUS REAVALUATION OF THESE LAWS TOO!

P.S. MY DAUGHTER IS FROM A FORMER MARRIAGE. MY EX AND I BOTH WAIVED OUR CHILD SUPPORT AND ALIMONY RIGHTS TO HAVE SHARED CUSTODY OF OUR DAUGHTER. WE BOTH PROVIDE FOR HER. THOUGH I MAY HATE WHAT CAME OF OUR MARRIAGE WE PUT OUR CHILD FIRST! MAYBE ALOT MOR PARENTS SHOULD TAKE THE PARENTING VIDEO THEY ARE REQUIRED TO WATCH WHEN GETTING A DIVORCE MORE SERIOUSLY!  How could you and your ex both waive support?  If you truly have shared custody, then child support would be a mute issue. 

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:42 AM

So NOT true!!  Child support is to help keep a roof over their head, such as rent, mortgage, help pay for electric, gas for the car, heat for the house, food in the house, clothing, shoes, doctors bills, activities, daycare etc. 

My BIL pays $1,000 a month in child support for ONE child.  That money does not even relatively cover all the months bills for my niece but it helps with those expenses.  Exactly what child support is supposed to be. 

starr377
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:29 PM

if they themselves made the choice to take the house and all the kids then get a damn job and support it all!

to seperate property is issues to have the legal right to demand a lump sum OF SOMEONE ELSES WAGES IS DOWN RIGHT IGNORANT!!

and yes we both waived our rights! as i said we both provide for her as it should be! not one parent pay for all the clothes, toys, etc. the parent they live with should have to pay for half!!!!!!

starr377
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:30 PM

so you agree that your bil should pay for all that and still try to pay all the same for his own roof over his head?!!

his ex should get a job or more than one then!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)