Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

well wal mart went world wide with denying access food stamps to card users:

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:20 AM
  • 110 Replies

Last  p.m., Sunday--- March 24, repeated......  just like last spring 2012 same day practically the Sunday before the Holiday began,.....

" Crowds were overwhelming".... 

We parked the car.  We went in.  Endeavoring just to obtain a really scant amount of necessities.  Knowing it's the end of this month with our bills as usual for insurance, and the 1 other bill for our emergency phone... the one with the working "more powerful" battery. 

We went to take our 20 items or less to that lane just made for 20 items or less,..  with around 3 other things we needed on cash.

We got to the check out lane, lined up all our stuff...

then we were told after handing our ACCESS food stamp card over to the cashier it's been denied, and the whole world was shut down for wal - mart's FOOD STAMPS users.

Only on the Holiday.  Last year, also.  Denied again. Same exact day of the year, on Sunday prior to Holiday.

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Probably because everyone is using it for candy? I have no clue. This never happened to me when I had fs.
blurp
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:58 AM

I guess that is a good probability.   Sugar, candy, wasting way too much teeth on already rotting children's teeth.  Maybe we'll get the picture after all, ......  candy causes bad teeth.

Another point NOW happening is it's being priority for children first to get teeth checked, including oral x-rays of teeth, cleaings, and 1 filling per year covered.  

I'm hoping that our kids will enjoy celery and carrots, and it's not happening. but their teeth aren't that awful, it's just now we went to non sugary items, of candy that is.  Nutrasweetened candy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Should be getting off PA after a year anyway.
Christy1919
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:02 AM
5 moms liked this
There's ways around this. It's called get of the Internet and get a job
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

i never had a promblem using mine when i was on them..i used it before the hoildays and even the day before christmas,thanksgiving,and easter..and no i didnt buy candy with mine when i was on them.i used them to get food..real food.

connie45
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:34 AM
5 moms liked this

I thank God, my common sense and good life choices - that I have no idea what you are talking about.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Go somewhere else if you gotta use food stamps.
blurp
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:48 AM
2 moms liked this

To those who say just get a job, it's always greener on the other side right?  I'd say if you're happy working and on your break taking time to answer this, then you also have too much time, since every job I've ever had I never had internet, I'm nearly past my real prime to keep work full time, I've got bad hips, cannot lift or stand and have terrible circulation, I can work in a job that permits time accordingly, so since nobody appreciates that in any job surrounding and it's more of a cat fight in the workworld, I choose to stay home and I have no extra money .  I did work and enjoyed all my jobs, just not lucky or cunning, or catsmart enough to get as high up as some think they are at and you can appreciate that.  Are you serious who woudn't love to work it gets money and get us out of the house.  I am not complaining of being a sahm.  I love it.  Never trade our best life's work.  It's a 1 shop, 1shot deal world. It's also a man's world by hierarchy.   If anyone has anything to say about work it's great!  I'd love to hear how your jobs are going! !

I admire those who can work and keep jobs.  If you have any sah extra income jobs / ideas that will help me out I'd love to know now what that is.   And thank you so much for any suggestions, as long as it's not standing or lifting too awful long.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Guess you didn't plan enough for later. Gotta save for later early on.

Quoting blurp:

To those who say just get a job, it's always greener on the other side right?  I'd say if you're happy working and on your break taking time to answer this, then you also have too much time, since every job I've ever had I never had internet, I'm nearly past my real prime to keep work full time, I've got bad hips, cannot lift or stand and have terrible circulation, I can work in a job that permits time accordingly, so since nobody appreciates that in any job surrounding and it's more of a cat fight in the workworld, I choose to stay home and I have no extra money .  I did work and enjoyed all my jobs, just not lucky or cunning, or catsmart enough to get as high up as some think they are at and you can appreciate that.  Are you serious who woudn't love to work it gets money and get us out of the house.  I am not complaining of being a sahm.  I love it.  Never trade our best life's work.  It's a 1 shop, 1shot deal world. It's also a man's world by hierarchy.   If anyone has anything to say about work it's great!  I'd love to hear how your jobs are going! !

I admire those who can work and keep jobs.  If you have any sah extra income jobs / ideas that will help me out I'd love to know now what that is.   And thank you so much for any suggestions, as long as it's not standing or lifting too awful long.

blurp
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I was always content and happy in my jobs, and did what I could as long as my body strength and mind permitted me to.  I have more knowledge and strength because of the jobs I did.

I'm not here to argue with others' about their personal lives.  It's way more than just money.   What makes you happy?  Ask your 'self' that.  It's referring to your own set of rules that way.  And than it makes other's happy in turn.

Quoting Anonymous:

Guess you didn't plan enough for later. Gotta save for later early on.

Quoting blurp:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN