Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

well wal mart went world wide with denying access food stamps to card users:

Posted by   + Show Post

Last  p.m., Sunday--- March 24, repeated......  just like last spring 2012 same day practically the Sunday before the Holiday began,.....

" Crowds were overwhelming".... 

We parked the car.  We went in.  Endeavoring just to obtain a really scant amount of necessities.  Knowing it's the end of this month with our bills as usual for insurance, and the 1 other bill for our emergency phone... the one with the working "more powerful" battery. 

We went to take our 20 items or less to that lane just made for 20 items or less,..  with around 3 other things we needed on cash.

We got to the check out lane, lined up all our stuff...

then we were told after handing our ACCESS food stamp card over to the cashier it's been denied, and the whole world was shut down for wal - mart's FOOD STAMPS users.

Only on the Holiday.  Last year, also.  Denied again. Same exact day of the year, on Sunday prior to Holiday.

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Replies (101-110):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I dont want to argue with DUMB, you are a waste of internet space, maybe you need to step away from the keyboard and learn self respect....    Dont you have better things to do than argue with people on CM??

Quoting Christy1919:

I doubt anyone wants your government cheese. Speaking of which I guess I don't mind some aid in the form of basics. They need to go back to the days of powdered milk and big old block of cheese. We make it way to comfortable for people

Quoting Anonymous:

Never said I was proud,  nor do I need stalkers harrassing me  < cough>

Quoting Christy1919:

If you're so proud about the aid given then you wouldn't hide under annon. I'd hide too

Quoting Anonymous:

Spent properly?  So using my savings and 401k on a purchase of a home, a car and bills for my famiy is not monies spent properly?  would it make you feel better if I was a drug addict and pissed my money away? bought my house and car years and years beforeI applied for FS and for the record I AM NOT ON WELFARE, I get $300 in fs...  
if you feel that passionate about ppl on government programs, why dont you complaIN about how the Government spends billions upon billions on a 12 year old war???

Quoting Christy1919:

If it was spent properly then you wouldn't need welfare would you

Quoting Anonymous:

once again.  Don't aSSume ....  Did I say I bought a brand new car or a mansion?  I moved to a *cheaper * part of the state I reside in.  and all the money I had saved was not wasted.. 

Quoting Christy1919:

then you clearly didn't spend your money well and it trickled down on society to pick up your pieces. You couldn't have bought a cheaper home cheaper car? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Ummm,  I had savings and a 401k , It went toward a car, a chunk on down payment on home, it went toward my kids and living expenses.. So don't sit there and Assume you know it all,     

Quoting Christy1919:

20 years and no significant savings? No 401 k you couldn't sell anything couldn't live lower than you means couldn't get rid of the tv the cell phone there are ways

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Time to get back on your feet and stop using P.A......it's not a permanent support system.

ssassys
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Check out your local Vo-tech.  They have financial aid programs too.  They have lots of options for you to get training for a career, not jus a j-o-b.  Medical billing/coding, legal secretary, CAD (computer aided design), medical office assistant, dental assistant and many more. Many of their programs are less than a year long.  Plus, as an added bonus that they help you find a job once you've completed your course work. 

Quoting blurp:

To those who say just get a job, it's always greener on the other side right?  I'd say if you're happy working and on your break taking time to answer this, then you also have too much time, since every job I've ever had I never had internet, I'm nearly past my real prime to keep work full time, I've got bad hips, cannot lift or stand and have terrible circulation, I can work in a job that permits time accordingly, so since nobody appreciates that in any job surrounding and it's more of a cat fight in the workworld, I choose to stay home and I have no extra money .  I did work and enjoyed all my jobs, just not lucky or cunning, or catsmart enough to get as high up as some think they are at and you can appreciate that.  Are you serious who woudn't love to work it gets money and get us out of the house.  I am not complaining of being a sahm.  I love it.  Never trade our best life's work.  It's a 1 shop, 1shot deal world. It's also a man's world by hierarchy.   If anyone has anything to say about work it's great!  I'd love to hear how your jobs are going! !

I admire those who can work and keep jobs.  If you have any sah extra income jobs / ideas that will help me out I'd love to know now what that is.   And thank you so much for any suggestions, as long as it's not standing or lifting too awful long.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Ours worked Sunday.  We went and got milk and bread at Wal-mart.

rbailey2414
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:03 PM

wow people are sooo rude in these comments. I cant believe it! BTW, I have never heard of a walmart refusing FS cards.....

trulyblessed618
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:03 PM
She said food stamps not full fledged welfare .... And maybe she has a job or 2 or even 3.

Quoting Christy1919:

There's ways around this. It's called get of the Internet and get a job

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Food stamps are welfare. Any govt help, WIC or anything is welfare.

Quoting trulyblessed618:

She said food stamps not full fledged welfare .... And maybe she has a job or 2 or even 3.

Quoting Christy1919:

There's ways around this. It's called get of the Internet and get a job

witchybabymomma
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Once again to all the hateful b*****s makeing smarta** comments. Just because you get foodstamps doesn't mean you don't have a job. Please get the f*** over yourselves. Sorry everyone cannot be as well off as you are.

Rant over thank you

fatfat52
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I THINK THAT IS VERY UNFAIR DO TO SOME PEOPLE DONOT HAVE JOBS RIGHT NOW AND THEY STILL NEED TO EAT NO MATTER IF THEY DO OR DO NOT HAVE FOOD STAMPS. THANK GOD FOR OTHER STORES OR YOU CAN BE HUNGRY MESSING WITH WALMART.

MINDERS2
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:31 PM
As long as my kids are fed, have a roof over there heads and power to keep things running why would we need food stamps. Waste of state resources. We don't qualify for free or reduced priced school lunches either. Why would we go on fs?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)